1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rick Warren joins movement to end religious conflict

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More Here

Not sure what Blair means by this but it sounds like something to be concerned about. And it does not surprise me that RW is part of this.

#1 Revmitchell, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2008
  2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Moderator note

RevMitchell

Before I allow the tread to proceed-----Please show the moderators where RW "ties in" to the above quote

Your friend,
    Blackbird

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I forgot to post a link to the article.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

YEA! Let's throw rocks at him! Big ugly rocks with Bible verses on them about what happens to liars and cheats and adulterers. Because that's what we should do to a faithful Christian brother who is reaching people for Christ in his ministry.

5. Beth

Beth New Member

One more reason

PreachinJesus, I don't see this as throwing rocks at RW. Our standard is always the Bible, and when a teacher contradicts the Word of God, we should be made aware.

I read about this on another site. This effort is interfaith. No where in Scripture is it allowed that we "partner" with people of other faiths....bring the lost the gospel, yes, but partner with them, no.

This is the link to the folks on the advisory council.

http://tonyblairfaithfoundation.org/about-us/who-we-are/advisory-council.html

This foundation is not only ecumenical (Blair is Catholic, needs to be saved, not have his foundation supported), but is also interfaith (note the inclusion of unsaved Jews, who also need the gospel)

The gospel is not the Kingdom now, Christian reconstructionist version of the gospel...solve the social ills of the world...but the gospel is to seek the reconciliation of each man, woman and child to Christ through His atoning Sacrifice.

Let us pray that Rick Warren will turn from this gospel which is not the Good News, but another gospel, and help bring people to a saving faith in Jesus Christ. My intent is certainly not to condemn the man, but to see his error and pray that he will repent and be used of God mightily!

#5 Beth, Jun 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2008
  6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called extremists. :tear:

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness,
    because the kingdom of heaven is theirs.
    Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and falsely say every kind of evil against you because of Me.
    Be glad and rejoice, because your reward is great in heaven. For that is how they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:10-12 HCSB

May God work mightily through our brother in this opportunity to share the good news to the world.

Rob

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Then I have no other choice

Your friend,
    Bro. David
    aka blackbird

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.