1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rick Warren & Muslims???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SolaSaint, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

On Saddleback's website they do advertise a small group called "King's Way" which it states is to show love to Muslim friends, however you cannot acquire the resource materials to see what it is. I have to say if we are to love them then we need to share the truth with them and from what I've read on this subject and from what I know about Rick Warren, he will appease Muslims by not telling them our Christian God isn't the Muslim god. That isn't his style, he cannot offend anyone, even if it is true. IMO

2. mandym

mandym New Member

Rick Warren Does Not Embrace Chrislam, Say Pastors

http://www.christianpost.com/news/pastors-answer-does-rick-warren-endorse-islam-52833/

3. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

sola saint...

I have no problem with that, but we CAN NOT enter into relations with muslims with the attitude that we (christians and muslims) worship the same God.

We worship the true God.

Their God is Satan in disguise

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And in Their Eyes...

....we are Satan. How can these two differing view points ever meet? Well, the Purpose-Driven Life (the Profit Driven Book), is the answer to this dilemma.

We need, as watchmen of the tower walls to consider these Scritpures, and more:

"[ Beware of False Gods ] When the LORD your God cuts off from before you the nations which you go to dispossess, and you displace them and dwell in their land," Deuteronomy 12:28-30

"[ You Will Know Them by Their Fruits ] “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves." Matthew 7:14-16 (in Context) Matthew 7 (Whole Chapter)

"[Persecutions Are Coming] “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves." Matthew 10:15-17 (in Context) Matthew 10 (Whole Chapter)

"Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves."
    Luke 10:2-4 (in Context) Luke 10 (Whole Chapter) 7

Acts 20:29 - " For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock." Acts 20:28-30

#24 righteousdude2, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry Rick....

....I never trusted you back when and that discernment is proving to be a good one!

Thanks Solo Saint...your post is one everyone should take seriously. Some church leaders are allowing the devil to crawl into their bed at night, and sleeping with the enemy is never a good thing! :tear:

#25 righteousdude2, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  6. mandym

mandym New Member

You need to go back and read post 22. This claim about Warren is false.

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for that...

....it is not easy to see how one article can be so wrong and yours so right. Please excuse me if I need to take time to scrutinize both articles and look further into this, as it is clear to me that if it talks, like a duck; walks like a duck; and looks like a duck...it just may be a duck.

8. mandym

mandym New Member

Because the one article does not quote Warren directly. the claim is more by implication than anything else. And it is a secular source which is apt to make assumptions based on a lack of true understanding because they are not Christians.

The source I gave is a Christian source and did quote Warren's response. This should bear far more credibility for reasonable people who are not already looking to judge Warren.

9. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt many on the BB have explored what Islam says about Jesus. Here is a bit of information to add to the debate.

Disclaimer: I have not read anything Warren has written and have no particular opinion about him one way or the other.

Islam's view of Jesus:

10. mandym

mandym New Member

Why?..........

11. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Well-----personally---I can't do anything about muslim folks being around me------I go into a fast food establishment and eat next to them-----but I'm not gonna flirt with their false theology----islam is an antichrist--of which John tells us there are many such antichrists

12. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the posts. Most people seem to have no idea that Islam recognizes Jesus as the messiah and that Jesus is mentioned more often in the Koran than Mohammad.

13. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

...being facetious here.

Come on folks, isn't the end of the law coupled in the biggest thing in that we simply just love one another? I mean, if we all just love one another, no matter our beliefs, lifestyles, theologies, and won't doing so be pleasing to God, so we can just all drop our own little theologies, and just do the love thing and usher in His kingdom?

Afterall, that's what some preach about, even in here, it is all just loving your neighbor as yourself. Isn't that the big picture and entire intent of salvation, a good world, loving each and every person right where they are and leaving off our pet peeve doctrines. Isn't this the only thing that Jesus was trying to get us to do, and once we do this we 'got it' and in so doing we fulfill all that God meant us to fulfill? Isn't everything just proof texted in Romans 13:10? :love2:

14. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

A lot of Muslims in this country come a very different background and mindset than we do. When I was in college I caught one who had lied to the students many times and manipulate faculty with his lies in an effort to make them feel like he was doing them a favor. When I spoke with some faculty at another university one of the first statements made was, "It sounds like he is from the Middle East." That kind of mindset is similar to what the Moonies had here. It is a mindset of deceiving people to get what you want.

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

The demons of HELL also believe and tremble!!!!

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That is NOT true. I have read the Koran where it says that Jesus is merely a prophet and to say He is God is a SIN for a Muslim.

17. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

IF that was really what Rick thinks now...

he has gone over to inclusive Gospel, to a point where others might be saved outside of christ?

islam worships satan, they just sall him Allah!

18. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

DIFFERENT meaning to messiah than the Bible!

They deny the trinity, jesus as Son of God, denied died on the Cross for sins etc!

False religion, had revelations from satan himself!

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have to say that I'm bothered by the title of this thread. Do we as Christians really need to resort to calling brothers in Christ names? Is that a godly way to treat each other? I really think that we should be a bit better than the world, don't you?

20. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have personally managed to live my life without reading anything by Rick Warren or listening to anything by Rick Warren so a basic life without Rick Warren is possible.

Allow me to say this, if an individual has as much media access as Rick Warren has and cannot lay to rest once and for all where he stands on basic doctrine then there is a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.