1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rick Warren Promotes Harry Potter

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Rufus_1611, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan e.

dan e. New Member

Very mature...I can see you have a passion and love for those you don't think know Jesus.

Again, you're not in the ministry are you?

And why is everyone calling people "son"?

2. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

"Lookit here son, I say son, did ya see that hawk after those hens? He scared 'em! That Rhode Island Red turned white. Then blue. Rhode Island. Red, white, and blue. That's a joke, son. A flag waver. You're built too low. The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em. Ya gotta keep your eye on the ball. Eye. Ball. I almost had a gag, son. Joke, that is." - Foghorn Lehorn

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

Source for your slander, please?

My cousin was saved at Saddleback.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not your son, and I would appreciate it if you not refer to me as such.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Your true colors are showing. If I recall, I wished you well in the thread you started about having a child. Oh yeah, here it is... http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1034272&postcount=2
    I'm not surprised you didn't accept the well wishes, but wish to hold onto hate in your heart...sure sign of a troll.

#65 webdog, Jul 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  6. rbell

rbell Active Member

Lying makes you giggle?

Lies. My cousin was saved there. SHe carries her Bible. Get your facts straight before lying about a brother in Christ or slandering a sister church.

figures.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have. Jesus Christ. Have you?

8. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

:laugh: You must not read your Bible.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Luke 10:3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

Luke 10:3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

All said by Christ btw. :laugh:

What else is there?

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

2 Corinthians 11:13-14 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

Galatians 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Revelation 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

You should read less BB forums and moer Bible, it would do you good. :laugh:**edited to remove unChristlike comment**

#68 Bro. Williams, Jul 24, 2007
  9. dan e.

dan e. New Member

If you think what you're doing is ministry....you've got much to learn. Throwing stones, as some do at Apprising and Christian Research, is hardly ministry. You call name-calling and supposed "witch" hunting ministry????

Here's an uncomfortable question for you: If an actual witch, I'm not talking about fairytale characters you spend your time on, but a real witch came up to you...would you be eager to beat them with your Bible? Or would their lostness bring you to tears searching for any possible way to tell them about Jesus.

Remarks on this thread answer that question.

10. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

I am not a fan of Rick Warren. I don't like his style, approach, or attitude, and I'm quite sure I'll be siding with the critics in future threads on him since many of their criticisms of him are absolutely correct. Having said all of that, most of the PDL is based on some very solid theology and introduces a number of deep Christian truths in an impressively accessible manner.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Your self righteousness and pride is quite sickening. **Edit**

Why don't you go back to the games forum and post the KJV verse by verse some more...

#71 webdog, Jul 24, 2007
  12. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

:laugh:
    Man, you are nailing them today. LOL again. Thanks for the break in the nonsense.

If this Dan E. guy keeps being so judgmental about us being judgmental, I don't what we shall do! :laugh:

13. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

I was hoping you knew at least one, good choice!

14. dan e.

dan e. New Member

I get your point, and don't disagree with any of that. Try and keep it mature here....its tough, I know. But do you not see my point? Are you honestly going to badmouth a pastor and call it ministry? Do you honestly think Rick Warren personifies what Jesus was talking about? You can't honestly think he does. You're a guy who is itching to slam people you don't like. You middle school-type name calling and bashing has shown that.

You should condemn less, stop trying to point at me as if I've never read the Bible. You can talk to me like a normal person...really, I don't mind. I promise I don't own any wolves' skin.

#74 dan e., Jul 24, 2007
  15. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Beating some with a Bible could be considered assault, I wouldn't recommend it. I wouldn't be crying in response to trying to figure out how to tell them about Jesus. I would open my Bible and do it with the authority God has given those saved through his word. Big difference, you should get ahold of yourself and God's word.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...cuz that's the way Christ did it....just opening up a scroll! :rolleyes:

Quit telling people to read their Bibles. You have no clue who anyone is here. You are not the BB authority on discipleship.

17. dan e.

dan e. New Member

If you're honestly concerned about Rick Warren....what have you done for him? You go back and forth from condemning to making fun of....do you actually even care? Or is this a game to you?

I hope I've never laughed at a situation where I think someone is lost and leading others astray. If you honestly thought that...why are you not doing more than throw stones?

18. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Qoting the Bible is sickening? Wow, who knew?

**Insult removed**

Revelation 3:15-16 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

#78 Bro. Williams, Jul 24, 2007
  19. dan e.

dan e. New Member

you could've fooled me.

Can you honestly not resist making remarks like "you should get ahold of yourself and God's word". What does that even mean?? Its almost like you need to make some scornful remark...what's wrong with you? Were you picked on a lot as a kid? Do you think Christianity is "good guys" vs. "bad guys" and we have to be as mean as possible to the bad guys? Seriously...you aren't a pastor, are you?

Do some reflection on how you talk to and about others....you can talk to me like I'm normal. I promise that I am.

#79 dan e., Jul 24, 2007
  20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Self righteousness is sickening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.