1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rick Warren-What is the King's Way Document?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Dec 11, 2012.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yoking together two animals that do not cooperate is the metaphor being used in this passage. I stick my my definition.

No one can be as holy as you, Zaac. I'm not worthy.

I'm not clairvoyant either. Must be nice to be gifted.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Jesus associated with sinners to witness Himself. He did not "fellowship" with them as that would make Him a liar.

Biblical fellowship demands that one have accepted Christ. You can't and shouldn't attempt to fellowship with a lost person as they have no foundation upon which to do so.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's what prideful, disobedient people do. They stick to what is right in their own eyes. Who cares what God says? ITL has his own definition.:thumbsup:

I'm sure there's a nice Latin phrase for this attempt to deflect and salvage YOUR definition.

Yep, you know what yoked BIBLICALLY means. The Holy Spirit doesn't lie.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

yes...some of the greatest scholars even understand context, imagine that.

5. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I would not under any circumstances yoke myself (enter into a ministry partneship) with the muslims or the Catholic chruch or the mormons or the JW's, etc etc..

I would of course be friendly with them in normal daily interaction. Also, I could agree with some of thier beliefs..(one god, there is an after life. abortion is child murder) etc .

But we are not to yoke ourselves with them in ministry.

What fellowship has light with darkness? We are of the Light, they are of the darkness This is not rocket science.

#65 Alive in Christ, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
  6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I didn't disagree with your context statement because it is indeed correct. But I say again, ALL sin is basic idolatry as we place our want above God and His commands.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Concerning being yoked together with unbelievers: it is a NT application of the Law which forbids yoking together clean and unclean beasts. Yes, plowing is a good and needful thing. Even commanded. But clean and unclean don't get to work together to do it.

The reason is simple, evil communications corrupt good manners.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Sure isn't.:applause:

9. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I have a question that I think is germane to this thread: what do you do with II John 9-10? Do not muslims deny the Trinity which in my opinion is a denial of Christ comming in the flesh? If my understanding is correct then why would we be inviting them into our house much less having a Biible Study with them. I'm not wanting to debate this as I have actually refused and ceased to fellowship with a former church member based on this scripture.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I was going to mention that too, but the thread started going in another direction. The principle does apply.

I have an aunt and cousin who used to study with JWs until I showed them that Scripture.

What type of discernment is someone without the Spirit gonna have about God's word?

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The goal is to lovingly sit down, show them the Scriptures and present to them the Gospel.

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So you do not evanglize?

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Sure I do. But the purpose of the Scripture is to not allow them to teach their ways over the way of Christ. You don't invite such a person into your house.

And Saddleback essentially invited a Muslim into their house to co-teach.

Even Islamic Tafsir Al Jalalayn states :

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Scripture doesn't seem to be against this as we are supposed to teach the world about Christ. It's the inviting them into your house and letting them start to "teach you" that is a no no.

You are to witness Christ, and not allow them to start witnessing allah and all his demonic glory.

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Who says that anyone is allowing them to teach their ways over the way of Christ? I would respectfully speak to them. I would EXPECT them to speak of their beliefs - and then I would show them what the Scriptures say. I wouldn't expect anyone that I was evangelizing to just sit there silent like an idiot.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not seeing where a Muslim was allowed to teach at the small group study.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That guy in the picture with the Saddleback pastor is up in front of them doing something.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And who said anyone wasn't evangelizing?

Then one might suggest that you NOT attempt to evangelize Muslims. Besides Muslims are considered to be "non-believers" if they affiliate with non-Muslims so don't count on getting too many practicing Muslims to accept an invite anyway.

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have yet to here when that pic was taken, by whom, if it is legit or photos shopped, its context, etc. Its a random pic put up by a blogger who despises the man.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm not sure when the picture was taken, but both persons have been identified with one being a Saddleback pastor and the other a Muslim. And they are going through the King's Way.

So considering what the King's Way is supposed to be about, does it matter when it was taken and by whom if the parties involved have been identified and they are going through what the writer said they were?

His motives could be ll wrong, but that doesn't lessen the authenticity of what he posted.