1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rick Warren with Oprah

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SolaSaint, Oct 23, 2012.

1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard of Rick Warren and Joel Osteen joining up with Oprah's Lifeclass? Wow. Lifeclass, that sounds like something Warren coined in his PD program. I didn't find this on Oprah's website. Does anyone know about this and what is Warren up to now? He's rubbed elbow's with some very false teachers in the Emerging movement, now is he going New Age on us? Next he will have Depak Choprah (sp) preaching at Saddleback. Is Warren reaching out with the gospel or joining in with America's queen of pop spirituality?

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

I hope this isn't true!!!

3. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Just a continuation of his false teaching. Earlier this year he was pushing an ecumenical civil forum after his Presidential thingy didn't happen.

He does a lot of the same shenanigans that Osteen does.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    hasn't he help to found a group trying to bridge christians and Muslims, as we 'worship the same God?"

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, come on & I was in a good mood too. Do you have any proof of this Y.

I dont want to slander the guy, but Oprah & Deepak....:eek:

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Rick Warren Partnering With Mosques To Teach That God And Allah Are The Same
    Saddleback Church in Orange County, California, home to super-pastor Rick Warren (Obama inauguration, Purpose Driven Life, etc.) has joined forces with Southern California mosques to adopt a three-step plan for ending enmity between evangelical Christians and Muslims.

The plan’s first step calls for Muslims and Christians to recognize they worship the same God. Interfaith reconciliation has been proceeding for years between Muslims and more liberal-leaning mainline Protestant denominations.

This is the first such effort I’ve heard of by an evangelical mega-church. Many evangelicals regard Islam as Christianity’s number one enemy, and they do not at all agree that the two faiths worship the same God. This is likely to make waves.

The Rev. Rick Warren, pastor of Saddleback Church in Lake Forest and one of America’s most influential Christian leaders, has embarked on an effort to heal divisions between evangelical Christians and Muslims by partnering with Southern California
    mosques and proposing a set of theological principles that includes acknowledging that Christians and Muslims worship the
    same God.

The effort, informally dubbed King’s Way, caps years of outreach between Warren and Muslims. Warren has broken Ramadan fasts at a Mission Viejo mosque, met Muslim leaders abroad and addressed 8,000 Muslims at a national convention in Washington D.C."

www.exposingchrislam.com/index

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep. They've tried to deny it. But their King's Way initiative earlier this year was looking to bridge the gap between Muslims and Christians by pushing that our belie is in the same ONE God.

He's dangerous. Always has been. That Purpose Driven Life book was a bunch of hooey.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    James 3:1. ‘My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive stricter judgement.’

2 Peter 2:1-2, NIV. ‘But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies.....Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.’’

10. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

James 3:1 is the reason I initially ignored the call to pastor when I was 13 or 14. I understood the danger of teaching false things and the judgment that would be due me. I rebelled pretty hard and did not repent until I was 29.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

God's absolute truth.:applause: