1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rick Warren's Wacky environmental agenda

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Martin, Feb 16, 2006.

1. standingfirminChrist

amen, blackbird.

So many want to live on both sides of the fence, but Christ plainly said Go, and sin no more.

Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 5 that the old man is passed away. The true follower of Christ is not going to want to continue in sin.

2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Right, so gluttons, gossips, greedy folks, folks who lust and liars are not eligible for baptism in your church. How many baptized members are in your church?

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So we know for fact RW did this? Also, did RW know this? When one becomes a believer, they automatically know everything they should and shouldn't be doing? Why then, is one who is a new believer compared to being an "infant"? This whole thread has been compiled on less than accurate information, so I have my doubts.

4. standingfirminChrist

We will not baptize one who has not repented of their sin, nor has accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their Life.

We have two baptisms coming up. We will counsel those people before baptism as to the meaning of baptism and what it represents.

If they are not saved before baptism, they will only be a wet sinner when coming out of the water. That is why salvation is important in order to be baptized.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You have some special way of gauging repented sin, I suppose....

6. standingfirminChrist

webdog,

According to the answers to letters on RW's Saddleback Community website the church does indeed baptize them.

Saddleback Baptizes Unmarried People Living Together

According to the article at the link above, they do indeed baptize them, but will not allow them to join their church community.

7. standingfirminChrist

You have some special way of gauging repented sin, I suppose.... </font>[/QUOTE]We sure do. It is called the Word of God.

8. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Well, although I will usually take someone's stated repentance at face value, if there are any doubts, Scripture gives us a way of guaging it:

Matthew 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: