1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Riddle me this, Batman

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by npetreley, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

OK, but this still does not tell me which scriptural revelation these particular ideas or the historical theology that supports them are drawn from.
    God could have created a perfect universe where deviating from His truth was unheard of. We see a polarity between lie and truth because one was created by allowing sin to enter the universe. This is a mild example, and yes it is speculation (but I'm not building a doctrine off of it), but it is just to give an idea.
    In the case I was discussing, it was the Calvinists that say "not my position". OK, you may have brought the up point in discussion in this instance to show what you think Scott's position leads to, but Calvinists do often use the same argument to prove why their position must be true, under the premise of God being "in control". This you have used ("your position has the same dilemma as ours, only in ours God is in control of it")
    It is, and you do make the same claim regarding the same topic. You just do it after further speculation. If God is in control, yet not the author of sin, then obviously there is something we do not completely understand. The Calvinist attempts to explain it adding that God ordains certain people to commit sin and holds them responsible for it, and claims that only the reason "why" is what we cannot comprehend. Yet the scriptures used to back this up have been shown to be taken way out of context, so revelation is not as clear on that as some make it out to be.