1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Right of Conscience Rule

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by LeBuick, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The fact that you see it as "Apples and refrigerators" further makes my point. You can't see selective pro-life as being hypocritical to the stance of pro-life.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You tried to compare being prolife against the needy. My point stands.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    do you know someone here who has refused to help a brother or sister in need?

Red herrings will not cover up your hypocrisy.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

No it doesn't but as long as you see it that way then you prove my point.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Do you know some one here who killed an unborn child?

Your position is that by voting for a pro-choice candidate then I have supported killing unborn children.

Your voting for a candidate who would take away welfare and help to the needy means you have supported the refusal of help to your bothers and sisters in need.

Mt 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
    45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ..........................................................................................................

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know several someones here who support the killing of unborn children.

[personal attack snipped]

As soon as you find someone here who actually supports, in any way whatsoever, not helping a brother or sister in need, let us know.

Until you do, you're just using a red herring to cover over your own hypocrisy.

#27 carpro, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2008
  8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Your position is that by voting for a pro-choice candidate then I have supported killing unborn children.

Your voting for a candidate who would take away welfare and help to the needy means you have supported the refusal of help to your bothers and sisters in need.

Mt 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
    45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

As soon as you get past the concept of a one issue God, you will find out what Christianity is really about.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since government help is against the biblical principle of good stewardship and there are other means to deliver assistance to the needy that places more of your donation in the hands of those in need then your attempt at logic falls apart.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Says you... Even a sinner or bad steward can be used by God to benefit his Will.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Nice twist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.