1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RIP, Twinkie

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

I'd rather take a pay cut than be out of work! Especially after unemployment compensation ends and I have to pay 103% of my medical insurance, until I become destitute enough join the welfare rolls.

Better half and I were both laid off within a few months of each other, a few years ago. I know what it's like when a large number of people lose their jobs at the same time.

A plant here in NC is being closed. Affecting about 275 workers. Local news coverage featured the strikers last night, after the deadline, and again this morning. Evidently they though that shutdown was a bluff. And apparently they've forgotten that the unemployment rate in their area is much higher than the national average.

Wonder how many of those 275 are now wishing they'd crossed the picket line, since Christmas is only a few weeks away?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.