1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robinson Crusoe - an amazing book

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Mar 6, 2006.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I love this book. I could have chosen several selections to post, like where he gets saved or leads Friday to Christ, but was really impressed by this section where he learns to be content based on a promise from the word of God.

After several readings I am not so sure that Crusoe is really all about a man stranded on an island.

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I have never read that classic work, but I think I may find the time to do so. Thanks Roger.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Anyone who wants to read make sure you get the unabridged version. Penguin Classics does an excedllent edition.

This is only a sample of the spiritual references in the book.

4. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

5. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

It was the first work of fiction I ever read that went against the pop "Follow-your-dreams" theme. This guy followed his "fancy" rather than his reason and it got him in a world of hurt.

Awesome book.

lacy

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

7. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

You can't really understand Robinson Crusoe unless you are a Christian.I have read it before and after and I tell you it is two different books.

8. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Robinson Crusoe was one of my earliest loves. Book number two was Scottish Chiefs by Jane Porter. For those who saw and loved Baveheart the script could have been taken from Scottish Chiefs. The difference, Porter filled her historic novel about William the Conquerer with scripture after scripture. Third was Pilgrims Progress by Bunyan.

Enjoy [​IMG]