1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rockefeller Insult of McCain Requires Apology

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Apr 10, 2008.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/0...in-doesnt-care-about-lives-of-war-bystanders/

After Rockefeller Insult, McCain Camp Claims Obama Won’t Shut Down Campaign Smears

by FOXNews.com
    Tuesday, April 8, 2008

EXCERPT

“McCain was a fighter pilot, who dropped laser-guided missiles from 35,000 feet. He was long gone when they hit,” Rockefeller told the newspaper, which published the article on the interview Tuesday.

“What happened when they [the missiles] get to the ground? He doesn’t know. You have to care about the lives of people. McCain never gets into those issues,” he is quoted saying.

On Tuesday, Rockefeller issued a statement, saying, “I have deep respect for John McCain’s honorable and noble service to our country. I made an inaccurate and wrong analogy and I have extended my sincere apology to him.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rockefeller joins the ranks of democrats like Durbin, Kennedy, Pelosi, and Kennedy, and Murtha who can't seem to resist disparaging the service of our troops.

Democrats just can't seem to help themselves.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

No one can take away from McCain how he stayed a POW after being offered a chance to go home.

I can only hope I would have done the same...

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you should write to Rockefeller, et al, to explain to them how not to insult our troops.:type: