1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Roll Tide Roll

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by BroTom64, Oct 1, 2005.

1. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alabama looked great in their win over Florida.
    31-3. Roll Tide Roll

2. raunhawk

raunhawk New Member

BroTom64, You guys looked good today. Executed well. Good luck to you as it is near impossible to run the table in the SEC. I am a Iowa Hawkeye fan here and I know the Big Ten can be tough, but I would say the SEC is probably the toughest conference.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Wow - what can I say but.

RRROOOOOOOLLLLLLL TTIIIIIIIIDDDDEEEE

4. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Yes they did.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like two of college football's storied programs - the Crimson Tide and the Fighting Irish - have both been resurrected this season.

I think this is good for interest in college football.

6. patrick

patrick New Member

The Tide is still a recruiting class away from being back. Shula has done a good job with the hand he had to play with. Roll Tide Roll!!!!!!!!

7. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is great to see Bama, the Irish, and Penn State doing well. I don't think Joe PA will be coaching much longer. I hope he goes out a winner.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

My dream of dreams is one more Bama/Penn State match up before JoePa leaves.

9. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tide looked great, but received only a minor nod from the polls for their record of 5-0 and their win over the Gators. I surely thought they would have been in the top five.

What is the story with their player that broke his leg?

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Tyrone Prothro, a junior, broke both bones in the lower leg just above the ankle. He will not return this year at least. He had an 87 yard TD to start the game.

Huge blow to Alabama's chances. It will tests the Tide's mettle.

11. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The pollsters may be looking at the schedule with skepticism. They still have to beat UT, LSU, and Auburn.

Though I normally pull for UT, if Bama gets by them I hope they go undefeated and shock the world against USC. Probably asking too much after their WR loss Saturday.

12. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ugliest thing I have seen in football since Theismann.

13. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Reminded me of my injury in the Army.

My first thought was, "No wonder they thought I was not going to make it."

Doctors actually told me that the tissue giving way 'could be better than a break'.

I prayed and will pray for him. His courageous holding a finger up and pointing to God was touching. (At least that is what I thought he was doing).

14. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me too

15. patrick

patrick New Member

Bama is deep at at wideout. Tyrone loss won't be as bad as it seems. This Bama team has a chance to be special. In some polls they jumped 8 places. That is a pretty big jump. If they win out then we will talk about polls. Right now let's get ready for Ole Miss!!!!!!!!

16. Paladin

Paladin New Member

17. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't count on that loss not being a real problem.

Bama is still suffering from the effects of NCAA punishment. Shula has done an extraordinary job but depth is always going to be a concern for a team less than 4 years out from scholarship reduction.

Watch for teams to crowd the line more and force Bama out of the run/play action style that seems to best suit Croyle. UT in particular will probably blitz every play until Bama abandons p/a.

18. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, the stage is now set for controversy if my beloved Vols can go on a run and get some help.

Let's say that USC and Texas stay undefeated but everyone else loses... which is a very likely scenario. If the Vols beat ND, UGa, Alabama, and the SEC Championship, they should jump all other 1-loss teams. They will have gone 4-1 against top ten teams and redeemed their loss against UF if they can beat Bama.

In the meantime, Texas will have only played one top 10 team and only 2 ranked teams. Their opponent in the Big 12 championship could easily have 4 losses and not be a top 40 team.

Of course the most unlikely part of all this is the Vols running the table... but the BCS is still broken and the likelihood of the two most deserving teams meeting is nil. Texas should run the table against a weak Big 12 while ACC, SEC, and even Big 10 teams beat up on each other.

For the spite of Mack Brown and sake college championship credibility, I hope a one loss team or an undefeated team (as unlikely as it is) jumps Texas in the rankings then defeats USC.

Nothing personal against Texas btw. It just always stuck in my craw that teams like Nebraska played one real opponent then 9 or 10 scrimmage games on the way to National Championship contention... where they routinely got beat. Texas appears to be doing the same thing this year.

19. Brice

Brice New Member

Scott J,

That post will surely upset some Texans, but I couldn't agree more. [​IMG]

20. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope I am not upsetting you but USC is almost as bad. ASU, UCLA, and Cal are decent teams and ND is finally competitive. I think that those three conference foes are no more of a threat than Texas Tech, Texas A&M, OU, KSU, ISU, or Nebraska are to Texas.

Ohio State is probably better than ND. The case could easily be made that both conferences are tailor made to produce a single good and undefeated team, several mediocre teams with good records, and more really, really bad teams.

However there are 6 SEC teams, 6 ACC teams, and 5 Big 10 teams legitimately in the Coaches top 25. I think that Vandy is as deserving as Louisville at this point.