1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Roll Tide Roll

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by BroTom64, Oct 1, 2005.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We'll see about 2005.

2. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

I'll be in Auburn at the Iron Bowl. I am stocking up on the toilet paper!

3. patrick

patrick New Member

This Bama team looks a lot like the 92 team. They just win!!!!!!!!!!

Difference between Auburn, Tenn, and Bama. The Tide finds a way to win instead of lose.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Remember Auburn last seaon? </font>[/QUOTE]Auburn should've played USC last year. That was the title game, IMHO.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Alabama didn't beat Tennessee...Tennessee beat Tennessee. I give Bama credit. They took advantage of very generous officiating and Tennesssee's miscues and won a thriller in the greatest rivalry in the greatest conference among its two greatest teams.

Georgia's loss of D.J. Shockley puts Bama in better stead if they make it to Atlanta.

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I would bet some of the other schools in the SEC might disagree with you on that one.

They are both great schools though.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Alabama and Tennessee are #1 and #2 in terms of conference titles. They are #1 and #2 regarding national championships among SEC teams. There are other areas/categories where Bama and Tennessee are the leading teams in the SEC. Over the last 60 years, maybe 65...Tennessee is the winningest program in America. The records are many. People might disagree - but statistically they'd be wrong [​IMG]

8. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

Even though I am an Alabama fan, I can assure you that if Texas and USC go undefeated along with Alabama, Alabama will find itself in the same situation as Auburn last year....on the outside looking in.

I am not an Auburn fan, but I root for them when they are not playing Bama. I find it interesting that Auburn has garnered no national respect even after last year's 13-0 record. I suppose it has a lot to do with their strength-of-schedule early on in the season.

When it comes to the Iron Bowl, you can throw all records and rankings out. It is always a game that can go either way. I expect that to be the case this year. If Brodie Croyle, D.J. Hall and the running back stay healthy, I think Bama will be favored. But, if they lose, I will probably lose at least two minutes sleep. [​IMG]

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Just makes me wonder about the loss of Prothro (sp?). I can't help but think that's a bigger factor than Tide fans would have us believe.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Yup - I didn't want to think it, but I fear that Bama is at least pratially a one man team.