1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Roman Catholicism , cult or not? Part II

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Pastor_Bob, Mar 27, 2006.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree completely. Rushing over to an RC web site an posting on "the Mark of the Beast" or the "Beast in Revelation" or the whore of Babylon etc does not accomplish anything.

One must use common ground -- the Bible. To the extent that the RC member would reject all reference to the Word of God that was not entirely flattering to their traditions - one could also use frank confessions from the RC leadership itself on the points being raised.

To the extent that a given RC member would not like to entertain any thoughts negative to the chains of error that bind its members together - speak to another person on that board.

I am all about seeking "open doors" of opportunity.

In Christ,

Bob

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What would those be?

3. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent Points [​IMG]

You would have been qualified to be condemned as Heretic and to suffer Inquisition,if you had lived the Medieval Era, the Dark Age !

4. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Point #2 is one some Protestants have used, though not with statuary, calling it a point of contact...

Point #8 been to a few Protestant Churches who sure acted like this was the case...

These are all good points, though..

*Some* of these are somewhat dated though... [​IMG]

I mean they haven't burned Bibles or Burned the Translators at the stake for a few hundred years. :D

But, still they need to change their practices... No question of that...

Mike Sr.

5. D28guy

D28guy New Member

mcneely,

Satan believes that wholeheartedly. He knows full well why Christ died.

Satan believes that to be true as well.

Satan does too. He was there when it happened.

Satan not only believes that, but he knows it to be true.

Satan believes that as well.

Satan believes that with all his evil heart.

Now...is Satan saved?

Why not? Believing those things gets nobody out of hell and into heaven. Reciting true facts will save nobody.

One is saved when they come to know their need, and they embrace Christ through faith, and thats faith alone.

We are justified by entering into a relationship with Jesus Christ...through faith alone...rather than believing certain facts to be true, as Satan does.

Being convinced that a false gospel is indeed false, and then being shown the true gospel, is exceedingly convincing.

The Catholic Church not only denies the saving gospel...justification through faith alone...but also proclaims the very false gospel that God Himself places His curse on in Galaciens...justification through faith + works.

God bless,

Mike

6. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Of course the more the Catholic Church is persecuted and it has been since its inception the more convincing is its authority, because if it was founded on lies and deception you would think it would have fizzled away....well I am off to Holy Mass to witness the word of the Lord in the Epistle and the Gospels and to offer by my presence my gratitude in the fact the Lord suffered and died for this worthless sinner on this Passion Sunday.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That's calling the kettle black. The decrees made at the Council of Trent still stand today and have never been repealed.

http://www.carm.org/catholic/trent.htm

Now, just who is persecuting who?
    DHK

8. mcneely

mcneely New Member

Satan believes that wholeheartedly. He knows full well why Christ died.

Satan believes that to be true as well.

Satan does too. He was there when it happened.

Satan not only believes that, but he knows it to be true.

Satan believes that as well.

Satan believes that with all his evil heart.

Now...is Satan saved?

Why not? Believing those things gets nobody out of hell and into heaven. Reciting true facts will save nobody.

One is saved when they come to know their need, and they embrace Christ through faith, and thats faith alone.

We are justified by entering into a relationship with Jesus Christ...through faith alone...rather than believing certain facts to be true, as Satan does.

Being convinced that a false gospel is indeed false, and then being shown the true gospel, is exceedingly convincing.

The Catholic Church not only denies the saving gospel...justification through faith alone...but also proclaims the very false gospel that God Himself places His curse on in Galaciens...justification through faith + works.

God bless,

Mike
    </font>[/QUOTE]Was all that really necessary? Commentating every line using the same sentence? I don't agree with the Catholic faith. If I did, I would be a Catholic. But I do however think it is foolish to throw judgement on them. If the point is to evangelize Catholics on this board, you think the best way to do that is to lash out at them with all this hostility? PLEASE! Any reasonable person would see how silly that is!

---Justin

9. D28guy

D28guy New Member

McNeely...

There were 6 seperate issues in that one sentance.

I, and the others doing the same thing on these Catholic threads, are not judging any individual Catholics. We are judging some of the foundational Catholic doctrines to be completly false at best, and idolatry heresy and satanically inspired at worse.

Millions upon millions have fled the clutches of Rome for the arms of Jesus as a direct result of this type of information.

I am one of those multiplied millions

Thats what WE are saying to Catholics as we share truth with them, and encourage them to embrace the true gospel.

Any reasonalbe person will see the error of Catholicism and flee it for Jesus.

God bless,

Mike

10. SpiritualMadMan

But, some don't...

Just like people don't leave a Baptist Error-Sect or Pentecsotal Error-Sect because mom and dad are still alive.

Or, they have friends or family members still there...

There are probably other reason they stay behind...

Potentially as a Fifth Column...

Personally, as a middle of the roader I find both the extreme Hyper-Calvinism and extreme Armenianism to be heresy...

But, as strongly as I feel that people caught up in a "Doctrine First" Cult need to be delivered I can not gain-say that they can get saved and stay saved even though they stay...

No matter how difficult it is to meet them on the street! :D

Mike Sr.

11. mcneely

mcneely New Member

There were 6 seperate issues in that one sentance.

I, and the others doing the same thing on these Catholic threads, are not judging any individual Catholics. We are judging some of the foundational Catholic doctrines to be completly false at best, and idolatry heresy and satanically inspired at worse.

Millions upon millions have fled the clutches of Rome for the arms of Jesus as a direct result of this type of information.

I am one of those multiplied millions

Thats what WE are saying to Catholics as we share truth with them, and encourage them to embrace the true gospel.

Any reasonalbe person will see the error of Catholicism and flee it for Jesus.

God bless,

Mike
    </font>[/QUOTE]I doubt that this sort of "evangelizing" is going to compel any Catholics on this board or elsewhere to "flee the clutches of Rome". You implicated that you were a Catholic once, correct? Then you should know of the deep emotional ties that Catholics have with their faith and their church. Posting a thread that says "Roman Catholicism: Cult or not?" And all of the anti-RCC posts therin are just a big slap in the face to any Catholic. If we are trying to bring Catholics into the fold, it's going to have to get better than this.

---Justin

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The purpose of this board was never meant for evangelization in the first place, though if that happens we rejoice. It is a Baptist Board set up primarily for Baptists to debate theological issues and to fellowship with one another in discussion of other topics of interest. We don't need to evangelize ourselves.
    There is a part of this board set aside for "Other Christian Denominatins. The purposes are generally the same, except the membership is extended to those outside the Baptist faith, but still adhere to the basic tenets of Christianity. For that reason certain cults and religions are not allowed to post here. The forum is for fellowship among Christians.
    That being said, one of the primary purposes of a thread like this is to expose false doctrine, and bear witness of the truth as the Bible commands us to. It is the true believers that need to be aware of other religions false doctrine. Look how many on this board defend the false doctrine of the Catholic Church without any Biblical leg to stand on. They are the ones that need to see the error and poison of false teachers that claim to be Christians, when in reality they are wolves in sheep's clothing.
    DHK

13. mcneely

mcneely New Member

The purpose of this board was never meant for evangelization in the first place, though if that happens we rejoice. It is a Baptist Board set up primarily for Baptists to debate theological issues and to fellowship with one another in discussion of other topics of interest. We don't need to evangelize ourselves.
    There is a part of this board set aside for "Other Christian Denominatins. The purposes are generally the same, except the membership is extended to those outside the Baptist faith, but still adhere to the basic tenets of Christianity. For that reason certain cults and religions are not allowed to post here. The forum is for fellowship among Christians.
    That being said, one of the primary purposes of a thread like this is to expose false doctrine, and bear witness of the truth as the Bible commands us to. It is the true believers that need to be aware of other religions false doctrine. Look how many on this board defend the false doctrine of the Catholic Church without any Biblical leg to stand on. They are the ones that need to see the error and poison of false teachers that claim to be Christians, when in reality they are wolves in sheep's clothing.
    DHK
    </font>[/QUOTE]I HAVE read many posts stating that it is important to teach the full gospel to Catholics. My point was simply that if it is done in the manner in which is read on this board, then it will not be very effective. I understand the purpose of this board, thank you.

---Justin

14. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

15. SpiritualMadMan

Nice!

And, I note no foolishness about *only* The Jerusalem Bible or the Douay... As Recommeneded Bibles

16. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does this mean the Bibles translated from the Textus Receptus are still on the "banned book list"? Not many years ago, those who would translate and read such translations were excommunicated--many were killed. One was killed, buried, exhumed, burned and thrown into the river, or something to that effect--for having tranlated the Bible into English.

Are we saying the basic motives for such censoring behaviour have changed? I do not think so.

It does certainly appear that the Mother is allowing her daughters back--with certain conditions of course. Vatican II still speaks of "separated" brethren, and gives a certain subjugated authority--under the Holy See, of course.

What about those Christians who are not Protestant nor Catholic(not Mormon either)?
    Yes, the ones who the Holy See tried to exterminate during the Dark Ages--long before Martin Luther and others were born.

We are still here.

Selah,

Bro. James

17. sundown

sundown New Member

I believe D.H.K.has laid it out pretty good.
    Thanks for letting other denominations speak.
    The Papacy Has a role to play in Jerusalem puzzle.When our oldest Child was born/Delevered by A wonderful Doctor/Who happen to be Catholic.He is a Godly man,Our Doctor for 30 yrs.So what I am saying was a Lady delevered Her Baby about same time. The little was not going to make it.There was a mad dash to find Priest to Baptise Baby/because His Parents were Catholic.He was baptised before dying/But if that one day old Childs destney was in Question Then a lot of us are in trouble.This is one of many Questions about Catholic Church.Another one is the torture of Jews to convert to the Church.The Papacy has a large role to play in up comming Jerusalem Puzzle.I believe we have the last pope-He may go in Rapture/I wonder

18. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh, you mean the Orthodox?

19. nate

nate New Member

His Holiness Benedict is a conservative Pope and I have no problem thinking he may very well be in Heaven. (Though that is between him and God.)

20. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Oh, you mean the Orthodox? </font>[/QUOTE]Nice. [​IMG]