1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romney’s Solar Flareout

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 12, 2012.

1. targus

targus New Member

Media = Jewish

That's where.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So far in these last three posts of yours you've managed to accuse me of racism, anti-semitism, and stereotyping. Here's what the Jewish author of the Hollywood article has to say about this sort of willful ignorance:

"I have never been so upset by a poll in my life. Only 22% of Americans now believe "the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews," down from nearly 50% in 1964. The Anti-Defamation League, which released the poll results last month, sees in these numbers a victory against stereotyping. Actually, it just shows how dumb America has gotten. Jews totally run Hollywood."

In no way is the 'Media' article 'painting the larger group', it concerns only seven individuals:

" "Today, seven Jewish Americans run the vast majority of US television networks, the printed press, the Hollywood movie industry, the book publishing industry, and the recording industry. Most of these industries are bundled into huge media conglomerates run by the following seven individuals:

Gerald Levin, CEO and Director of AOL Time Warner

Michael Eisner, Chairman and CEO of the Walt Disney Company

Edgar Bronfman, Sr., Chairman of Seagram Company Ltd

Edgar Bronfman, Jr, President and CEO of Seagram Company Ltd and head of Universal Studios

Sumner Redstone, Chairman and CEO of Viacom, Inc

Dennis Dammerman, Vice Chairman of General Electric

Peter Chernin, President and Co-COO of News Corporation Limited

Those seven Jewish men collectively control ABC, NBC, CBS, the Turner Broadcasting System, CNN, MTV, Universal Studios, MCA Records, Geffen Records, DGC Records, GRP Records, Rising Tide Records, Curb/Universal Records, and Interscope Records."

3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, but you are right, I have done some stereotyping, and you've proven me correct:

#23 kyredneck, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
  4. targus

targus New Member

So you found an article that supports your beliefs...

Good for you. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately for both you and the author of that article there are a whole lot more media companies than just the few companies that he names.

Perhaps you could find some quotes from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to back you up.:laugh:

#24 targus, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
  5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My knowledge of who runs the media is not very good. I would have never connected being Jewish with a mention of the media.

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...and add that to the list of racism, anti-semitism, stereotyping accusations from you. Thank you for again validating the truth of the point I started out to make:

7. targus

targus New Member

How do you think that you have validated anything?

I believe that bigotry and racism and broad brush painting of any group is wrong.

All you have done is validated what I merely suspected at the beginning of this discussion concerning you and your biases concerning Jews.

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you once again.

9. targus

targus New Member

No problem...

But it was completely unnecessary on my part.

Anyone could read your words for themself and see exactly what I see.

But again, no problem.