1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romney, ever on the move about what he stands for

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I apologize for the misplacement of the thread on Romney, where does he really stand. I had not noticed that I was not in the politics board when I started it. So, let us move the discussion here and not limit it to one topic where Romney has moved around and continued to move around chasing votes. He seems shameless, like a shape-sifter, in changing what he says he believes.

For instance on abortion:

2. targus

targus New Member

Unlike Obama's consistent "kill them all" position on abortion. :rolleyes:

Crabby would much rather have a President that is in favor of killing "a fetus outside of the womb".

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Pot, meet kettle. I don't think we have ever had a candidate or a president who did not blow every which way with the shifting sands- even Ronald Regan was not immune. Obama can't decide who to blame for his failures from day to day.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! Apparently Romney is so squeaky clean they do not have anything real to criticize him for.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Your mistake Crabby is in reading what these radical leftists like the Huffington Post publish. Anything they write is likely to be a lie; sort of like Obama!

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The quotes from the debate on Oct 16 regarding contraceptives and contraception. We see the lengths that the Huffington Post, Crabby, and assorted leftists will go to distort the truth about Romney. And it is a shame that Crabtownboy would use a Christian Forum to post such lies!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...econd-presidential-debate/?wprss=rss_business

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This is so repetative that it rivals the ad nauseum Calvin threads. How many time does it have to be said??? Everyone that is going into the voting booth to pull the lever for Romney is aware of his flaws. How could we not be on this board? How many times does the comparison have to be made??? Yes, Romney during his tenure as governor of MA either supported or did not oppose abortion rights. That was over a decade ago. He says he has changed. His faith, flawed as it is, is pro life. So, the choice comes down to, on abortion, would you rather vote for someone who is not only for abortion but pushes the agenda, or someone who says they have changed and there is a chance they are telling the truth. If Romney double crosses conservatives on abortion, he will pay and pay dearly. I can see him not getting the nomination in 2016 for such antics.

The same argument can be made about his stance on gay rights, gun control, and government run health care. All we have is his word, but that beats the whatever out of Obama's known evil agenda.

On his denomination, faith, however you want to term it, that is what bothers me the most. No one can argue that the Jesus Christ of the Mormon Church is the Jesus Christ of the Bible. We all know the gold leaves, angel Macaroni, and celestial cities are nonsense, as is the Book of Mormon. One might as well read a Superman comic.

Maybe one day I will answer for voting for such a person who believes these fairy tales, however, Mormons do have a strong morality, a dynamic work ethic, and are some of the kindest people on earth. Despite their flawed theology, they stood up for it, and many died. The fought Indians, Protestants, Catholics, the general American citizenry, and harsh elements to establish what they believe to be the will of their God. We all could use a dose of that type of dedication.

Romney is no Reagan, but he has the basic characteristics on a secular level to turn this nation around. He has a good Vice President. Whoever he chooses for Secretary of State, Attorney General, and Defense Secretary will surely be a cut above what we have today. At least Romney has been in business, run a government, and turned around deficits twice.

I am the first to admit this is the worst nominee I have ever voted for. Maybe we will be delightfully surprised, with the string of losers we have had since Reagan. For pete sake, give the guy a chance.

I can name all of my friends that understand what Romney is, Carpro, Arbo, Rev Mitchell, Old Regular, Lady Eagle, In the Light, Targus. Salty, Mexdeaf, Winman, and many more. What is the purpose of endless threads to point out Romney's flaws?

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

They are driven by fear.