1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romney is a Flat out Liar, a Fake, and a liberal.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Havensdad, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Its not the state constitution. Its one liberal courts interpretation of the constitution, in regards to MEDICAID>

Using your argument, we should just go ahead and fund Planned Parenthood, nationally, since the Supreme Court has dubbed it a "right."

Face it; Romney could easily have line item vetoed the money for abortion, the same way he did money for dental care in the bill. He chose not to. The man is a liar, and has been caught multiple times...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRGOszIeRfE

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/26/mitt-romney-truth-debate_n_1235573.html

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Well, it will be a new direction. It will not be the same liberal, anti-Constitutional candidates I voted for from 1988-2008, which was the Republican in each case. McCain was the last straw. Now, in 2012, in addition to another Bush-McCain type candidate, we get the added diminsion of a cult member. Just what this nation needs, a leader to take us further away from the Lord.

I will vote probably the nominee of the Constitution Party. It is too early to tell, unless an unknown popular third party movement is started, or unless the Lord puts in a decent Republican nominee. I will NOT vote for Obama or Romney. To say lets throw out Obama and replace him with someone like Romney is an outrage.

I left the Republican Party last year after 42 years. Enough is enough. The argument that a vote for a third party or for someone that upholds Christian values is a vote for Obama is baloney, to put it nicely. It is not a vote for Obama, it is a vote for someone who upholds Christian values.

Who are you going to vote for? Romney? The beat goes on? How low would someone have to get before you would unsuperglue you hand from the Republican lever?

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except that Paul DOES NOT attract 80% of Republican voters, a vital voting bloc.

Whoa! Chill out.

4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Strong words.

Choosing between bad and worse is not selling one's soul. It's being realistic.

So if there's no one with whom you have complete trust and agreement, would you refrain from voting?

Go ahead, vote for a third-party candidate; and by doing so, make your statement. Just don't complain if BO is back for another four years because of a split-party vote.

#44 Arbo, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012
  5. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So....

Where is the Christian's faith in the God Who can part the Red Sea?
    Where is the Christian's faith in doing the Right Thing®, period regardless of "pragmatism"?
    Where is the Christian's faith that God is greater and more powerful than a puny little Obama?

Is God biting His nails over fear of Obama, hoping that Christians vote for a corrupt Republican so that America will not be destroyed out of His own hands?

Maybe, just maybe, if Christians practiced what they preach and do what they know is right, instead of being practicing atheists, God would withhold judgment and save lives and the economy even with an Obama in office.

6. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Amen, dude. :thumbs:

7. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Republicans faced with a choice of Paul or Obama, are going to choose Paul.

Independents left with the choice of Gingrich or Obama, are going to vote for Obama. Obama also beats Romney on independents.

Democrats, by and large, are going to vote for the democrat. Republicans, by and large, are going to vote for the Republican. Independents (who make up about 30 percent of the total voters now!), overwhelmingly prefer Paul to the other candidates.

Paul has the best chance of beating Obama.

I have not yet begun. Picking "our team" over the other team, regardless of the candidate, is a denial of the Sovereignty and power of God. It is a worshiping of the U.S. political system.

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and based on your hypothesis, maybe we are at the place as a nation where God has raised up evil men to run the country and not even voting for a third party will change that? All I know is the path Obama has us on is one of pure destruction. I also believe ANY of the current republicans would be an upgrade over what we have and would slow the decent. I also believe the nation is not ready for a third party, and any vote for a third party is a waste of time. If there is a bully who wanted to fight me and I could vote for one who matches him equally in size, or the skinny kid who share all of my ideals in defending me, who do you think I'm choosing?

10. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Except in your analogy the bigger kid who matches the bully in size, is actually a friend of the bullies who is going to turn on you as soon as he gets your vote, and beat you up just the same.

Principles, in this fight, is what we are fighting FOR.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And thus, the exemplification of what I wrote. Paul is more supported by independents; most Republicans are looking for who can beat Obama and don't view Paul as an actual Republican candidate.

But you look at Paul, and at Romney, and at Gingrich, and I reiterate: if you're voting the moral Christian vote, you don't really have a Republican candidate you can vote for.

So one must choose: Are you voting for a candidate, or against Obama?

And by the way: it's not about "our team." It's about voting against a continuation of what has happened over the last three years; or voting for a less severe version of it (voting for one of the "popular" Republican candidates).

Has the Constitution Party declared their candidate yet?

#51 Don, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012
  12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really?

Lying - Sin
    Hypocrisy- Sin
    Infidelity- Sin

The Bible tells us they're all equal.

You choose to support the the unrepentent hypocrite. And that makes you special? Not recognizing Paul's hypocrisy makes you blind to his shortcomings. An ideological tool and a supporter of a sinner. Just like everyone else.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He doesn't even come close. More likely 10-15%.

Therefore, Ron Paul will never get the nomination.

14. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Except that Paul is not a hypocrite. He has consistently fought for his stated principles. For instance, he says all things should be earmarked; so he has endeavored to make sure that happens, even on bills where he votes against the spending.

Again, he is 100 percent consistent.These other men are not.

15. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I disagree strongly. I believe Paul most reasonably supports Christian ideals.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course he is. It's been proven over and over. You just refuse to see it. That makes you a useful tool, indeed. Fortunately , not everyone is blind to the shortcomings of all the candidates. Some people, unlike you, aren't blind to the shortcomings of any of them.

Paulbots make me laugh. The train will leave the station without you.

17. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Yeah, take your brainwashed media establishment spin somewhere else my friend.

Words have definitions. Hypocrisy is to say one thing and do another. Ron Paul says "All spending should be earmarked." If he REFUSED to earmark a bill, THAT would be hypocrisy. But you want it both ways. Your contention is ridiculous and EXTREMELY transparent.

18. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

But back to the OP (Please start your own thread, Mr. Carpo, instead of hijacking mine...)

Romney is a flat out liar, and even has the brashness to do it on public television.

19. targus

targus New Member

Ron Paul also says that the Federal government should only do what it has been authorized by the Constitution...

Then he earmarks funds for things not authorized by the Constitution.

Hence is hypocrisy.

20. targus

targus New Member

Can you show where the Romney healthcare plan mentioned abortion?