1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romney is a Mormon -

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jan 9, 2012.

?
  1. I will vote for Mitt because he is a Mormon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I will NOT vote for Mitt because he is a Mormon

4.8%
  3. I will vote for Mitt but his religion has nothing to do with it

9.5%
  4. I will NOT vote for Mitt but his religion has nothing to do with it

52.4%
  5. I will vote for Mitt rectuantly because he is a Mormon

4.8%
  6. I will vote for Mitt, but I will hold my nose because he is a Mormon

4.8%
  7. Other answer

23.8%
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Snow!:laugh: Snow!:laugh: You dare question SN.:saint::smilewinkgrin:

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Very good post, I could not put it better. A vote for a cult member to be President even being considered among Christians is how far we have lowered our expectations of our leaders. What in 2016, are all you well informed Republican apologists going to create a set of arguments to vote for Charles Manson?

3. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I must admit, with the kind of logic that says they would vote for a muslim over a mormon, I think this has hit an all time low. I am sure all those who died in Northern Africa, France, and Spain because of the Islamic surgence are rather glad you would vote that direction.

I am not for voting for or against a person based upon their religion. If that were the case, I would not have voted for anyone in my lifetime in the General Election. Rather, I believe voting for their worldview, political philosophy, and character are important. For that matter, Romney's worldview, political philosophy, and character are far better than Obama's.

I highly suspect some here would have voted for Bloody Mary over and against Romney. Afterall, Bloody Mary was very religious and was not a Mormon.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

First of all, who is a Muslim? The only thing that is at a all time low is your understanding of the Constitution, and what this country needs to get back to being governed by that document. Your notions are based on nothing but watching the evening news and buying into the media theory of a difference between the two parties. You are basically an apologist for the pro establishment powers that be that desire to keep things just as they are, and that means the people do not have the power or tax dollars that belong to them.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And those with whom we associate with or accept support from tells a tale as well.

Jeremiah Wright. Pastor. Publicly cursed America.
    William Ayers. Weatherman Underground terrorist bomber.
    Frank Davis. Member Communist Party USA.
    Daniel Ortega. Marxist Sandinista Leader.
    Tony Rezko. Convicted felon. Corrupt Financier.
    Louis Farrakhan. Nation of Islam Leader.
    Raul Castro. Hard-line Communist Leader.

HankD

6. billwald

billwald New Member

Jewish historians teach that before the 20th century Jews got better treatment living under Islamic rule than Christian rule.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are absolutely right! Especially the third paragraph of Article VI

8. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Hank, in many ways you hit at the heart of the issue. I disagree with Romney on several issues, but the alternative will be Obama. To me, I think I have an obligation to allow us someon other than Obama in office... Mormon or not.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed.

HankD

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I totally disagree. As terrible as Obama is, and he will never get my vote, Romney is at least as bad and probably worse, and deserves no Christians vote. If his being a member of a cult that denies that Christ is God and that the Book of Mormon is Gods Word does not bother you, then maybe the fact he has supported or did not actively oppose abortion, gay rights, gun control, and created a government medical system similar to Obama care should convince you. Why would you vote for someone who is obviously driven by greed, self indulgence and power? Why would you even consider voting for someone who panders for votes with the blood of innocent infants.?

11. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Because, as bad as Romney is, he is far better than Obama. Mormonism is a theological cult, not a social one which means while it is bad, it couldn't be worse than Obama who is not a Christian.

Believe it or not, Romney is probably the 2nd most economic conservative running for election. Yes, he was horrible, but at least he says he is pro-life, Obama is clearly anti-life. At least Romney says he likes Thomas and Scalia, Obama hates Thomas and Scalia. When we get the next 2 appointments next term, would I want Romney or Obama appointing someone who may overrule Roe v. Wade. I know Obama will not appoint the pro-life justice. Perhaps, Romney will appoint the next Roberts.

There are two choices, Obama or Romney. If I had to put in the hands the life of the unborn, while I have reservations with both, I know Obama will kill them... I hope Romney won't.

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read my response again SN.
    I agreed with Ruiz but where did I say I was going to vote for Romney?
    In addition, if a person is lost what difference does it make what brand of lost he/she is - Mormon, Catholic, Baptist, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu etc...

HankD

13. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

In theological terms, not much. In worldview terms, everything.

Culture follows worldview and that is primarily why there are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd world nations. I would greatly prefer a Mormon with a quasi-Christian (and in some cases, because of their legalistic bent, more than even many who claim the name of Christ) worldview than an atheist, a Muslim, or a radical terrorist-loving individual who only masquerades as one who loves America and accepts a Christian worldview.

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes that's pretty much my view as well though you expressed it better than I did.

To be forthright, I don't know who I'll be voting for, November is a long way away and a lot can happen between now and then.

HankD

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is your right guaranteed by the Consitution to vote for a anti-Christian cult member for President if that is your choice. I do not want anything to do with it. If the rejection of Christ does not bother you, maybe the pro-abortion and gay rights stance will. Actually it is not a position on anything. It is whatever gets votes at the moment.

Tons of people on this board have been caught in their own game. Obama this and Obama that for four years, endless posts. He is a Muslim, he was not born here, he is the anti-Christ. Never mind, this November, I will vote for someone who is just like him at best.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is my hope the Lord has plans for someone else to be the Republican nominee than the person we have a difference of opinion over.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Because there is a difference between voting for someone you are not sure about their Christian state and someone you know is lost. In addition to being lost, the man does not even try to give an appearance of being honest and wanting to better this nation.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There are two people I will not vote for, Obama and Romney. Hopefully these will not be the two choices.

19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can agree with the last sentence also SN.

However, I personally don't see the job of the POTUS as the Pastor-In-Chief of the nation but as the Commander-In-Chief, as the one who sits as leader in defense of our country and the protector of the Constitution and the rights it affords me regardless of his religious tenents and not my spiritual leader. Personally I can and do make that distinction in the voting booth.

HankD

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Ok, forget (which I cannot do) for one moment the subject of Mormanism. How would Romney be better for this nation, considering his obvious motivation for power, and his record in Massachusettes? How can you be a protector of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness and be either pro abortion or condone it, then turn right around and claim pro life to pander for votes? How can you get up at a podium and day after day condemn Obamacare, when you created the same thing as governor on a state level? I could go on and on.