1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romney Persona Non Grata In Italy For Bain’s Deal Skirting Taxes

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Aug 6, 2012.

1. targus

targus New Member

Too quick to post the headline...

Without a link...

To bother to actually read the article. :laugh:

And STILL YET AGAIN the article fails to provide what the headlines promise. :laugh:

This is Crabby's signature move. :laugh:

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go again, trying to make rich people sound like bad guys. The same loopholes are there for you and me, too. We just need better accountants to help us legally exploit those loopholes.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

They are bad guys because they will not give me their money.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again you misjudge. I am not saying they are bad guys. I am saying that I wish I had the same loopholes. It is not that we need better accountants. We need a lot more money before we can take advantage of the loopholes that have been put in place for the very rich. Of course, they paid for these through political contributions and favors to politicians ... and those investments have paid off very well for them. I can't fault them for using the loopholes. I can fault politicians for passing them.

You and I just do not have the clout to show politicians that they should help us.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes we do (not can). If enough of us would get out and vote we could replace the entire Congress. Another idea OR has mentioned, which is a last resort but believe we are there because of the greed and treason of the entire leadership in DC, is a Constitutional Convention. We will never get rid of completely greed, theft, bribery, and other high crimes, but we sure can put a stop to most of it. There is plenty of money for new prisons.

6. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish I could agree with you on electing new people to Congress. But Congress will never cut out those loopholes as they benefit them, the Congressmen and Congresswomen, too much. It just won't happen and, as has happened throughout my life, they will end up sticking it to the middle-class again, especially with Romney as everything I read show him wanting to help the rich as the expense of the poor and middle-class.

This is a cynical play on the "American dream" that we can all become rich and then we can have our tax cuts at the expense of others.

7. mandym

mandym New Member

So you get caught slandering him ......again, and you continue your hate. :BangHead:

8. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How have I slandered him. I just posted what the article said. And, if the Italians really do not like him then it isn't slander to say they do not like him. And I have not said that it is wrong for him to use the loop holes provided by the tax code. But it would be nice if the playing field were more level.

9. targus

targus New Member

So Crabby goes from...

"Romney ignored the law."

To "what Romney did was illegal wasn't it?"

To "wel,l it was unethical."

To "I wish I could do it too." :laugh:

10. mandym

mandym New Member

Again, don't play dumb.

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet, nowhere has it been said or even implied that the Italians don't like Romney. In fact, if anything, the article states that they don't know about Bain's deal with the government of Italy, and even if they did Romney wasn't active at Bain when the deal was done.

Consider:

Why did Obama skip visiting Lithuania? He must not be welcome there. The people of Lithuania must not like Obama.

See how silly it sounds?

12. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually the first items listed should be:

"Romney is not welcome in Italy."

"Romney has no regard for tax laws."

"Romney skirted tax laws."