1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Block Instructional Banjo DVD

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by KenH, Dec 1, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ron Block banjo DVD
    Posted By Brance On 1st December 2008
    [​IMG]
    Banjo players have been clamoring for instructional materials from Ron Block for years, but his busy schedule with Alison Krauss & Union Station has prevented him from dedicating the time to it. Until now…

His first banjo instructional DVD will be released by AcuTab next week, offering more than three and a half hours of discussion, demonstration and detailed instruction from this multi-Grammy and IBMA award winning banjo picker.

- rest at www.thebluegrassblog.com/ron-block-banjo-dvd

(includes a preview)

2. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

Just a little tid bit; Ron Block did a solo by the title. "I'm not holding on to JESUS, he's holding on to me."
    Has anyone heard it? I like the song because it say's so much.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is my favorite song on his "Faraway" album. :)

4. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

Sam Bush, Tony Rice, Ebo walker, and cortney Johnson use to be members of the Bluegrass Alliance.They desolved and some of the members went to the washington area and formed the Bluegrass revival, I believe.

Dan Crary, Buddy spirlock and two other members left the origional band. I haven't heard any mention anywhere where ( Buddy Spurlock, a repuitable Banjo player) is playing. He was a great banjoist. Wonder if he is still alive. The origional Bluegrass Alliance was founded around 1969 maybe.
    There are so many good musicians around today. A local boy, Carl Calwell has reached to higher heights and is a whiz on the flat-top, Mandolin,Banjo, and Bass. I have played music with him before he left the area. I think he may be located in Nashville with a band that does some traveling the last time I talked to him. There was a local banjoist, Les Deskins that I played with him in a band. He has left the area. He calls me every now and then. The Fiddle player in the band was one day older than me and he died in 1997. He stopped by my house one month before he died.

5. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

Sam Bush, Tony Rice, Ebo walker, and cortney Johnson use to be members of the Bluegrass Alliance.They desolved and some of the members went to the washington area and formed the Bluegrass revival, I believe.

Dan Crary, Buddy spirlock and two other members left the origional band. I haven't heard any mention anywhere where ( Buddy Spurlock, a repuitable Banjo player) is playing. He was a great banjoist. Wonder if he is still alive. The origional Bluegrass Alliance was founded around 1969 maybe.
    There are so many good musicians around today. A local boy, Carl Calwell has reached to higher heights and is a whiz on the flat-top, Mandolin,Banjo, and Bass. I have played music with him before he left the area. I think he may be located in Nashville with a band that does some traveling the last time I talked to him. There was a local banjoist, Les Deskins that I played with in a band. He has left the area. He calls me every now and then. The Fiddle player in the band was one day older than me and he died in 1997. He stopped by my house one month before he died. His 12 yr. old son played the dog house Base and was doing real good on the base.