1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul Ahead of Fred Thompson in New Hampshire Poll

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Oct 25, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A new poll

St. Anselm College's Institute of Politics will release a new poll today, completed by SRBI Research in New York City, showing that Clinton and Romney hold solid leads in New Hampshire....

It shows Democrat Clinton leading Obama 42.6 to 21.5 percent, with John Edwards at 13.9 percent. Among Republicans, Romney leads Giuliani 32.4 to 21.8 percent, with John McCain at 15.2 percent and Ron Paul in fourth place at 7.4 percent.

The poll also shows that 40 percent of self-identified independents say they were still not sure if they would vote in the Democratic or Republican primary.

- www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=John+DiStaso's+Granite+Status%3A+Rudy+just+doesn't+get+it&articleId=529c2929-cfc6-408a-987c-3e7978f6acc9

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No real surprise and doesn't mean a lot.

Thompson skipped their debate, has spent almost no time in New Hampshire and apparently doesn't intend to.

The people of New Hampshire are miffed and the people polled don't even know which primary, Republican or democrat, that they will vote in.

#2 carpro, Oct 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2007
  3. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

This comment coming from you doesn't mean a lot either.. It's more standard posting from you it seems...

Yeah, he seem to think we can get the job without working for it.. I bet it don't work that way and he will soon find out. At least he has his acting carrer to go back to.

Yeah, we're just a bunch of country folks that don't know what we want... Or could it be that we're going to vote for the better person, even if that person isn't in our party?!? I am a Democrat, yet I registered as an Independent so I could vote for Ron Paul. If he doesn't get the nod, then I will go back to the Democratic ticket.

Amazing how freedom to pick and choose works in NH. Maybe Texas should try it some time vers just leting their elected officals vote over and over again crossing parties in what looks to be very unfair to the voters who elected them.

Jamie

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you say so.

Apparently New Hampshire allows crossover voting in the primary as we do in Texas.

I wonder how many democrats, self described as independents like you, were polled about how they felt about the Republican candidates?

Why the venom? Did I step on your tender New Hampshire toes without meaning to. Maybe you shouldn't be so defensive. It's only politics. :)

#4 carpro, Oct 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2007
  5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Paul's psuedo-conservative views appeal to New England GOP folks who would pass for Dems in the south. And Paul's supporters are all-in in NH, trying to get some early momentum for the fledgling campaign. It may work.

It is true that Thompson isn't putting much stock in NH, and he may regret that decision.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the poll's probably valid for the most part - i can see a Clinton/Romney win there easily - NH is close to MA and the Mormon guy has actually ran a great campaign there. It's not the belweather state it used to be, though.

Fourth place is nothing to brag about, but you know what? Forget it, I read your post in the MH thread, I'll just wait until he bails out, which he will by the end of the winter. The redstate link:

http://www.redstate.com/blogs/leon_...n_ron_paul_supporters_life_is_really_not_fair

They're the only "Republican" group that has their own du meetup forum. Laterz.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering that both major parties should have settled on their nominees after the February 5 Super Duper Tuesday primaries I imagine by the time of the Spring Equinox in March that no one will be left around in the major party races except for the two nominees.

9. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

never mind. I had put in a plug for Huckabee, and realized I haven't done enough homework yet.

#9 hillclimber1, Oct 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2007
  10. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Actually, there is a difference in voting.

In Texas, we do not have to register with a party prior to voting in their primary. of course, once you've voted in a party's primary, you can't vote in another's.

I like it, myself. It cuts down on the work I have to do to vote. My voter registration automatically renews, and all I have to do is show up on election day, show my registration or ID card, and cast my ballot. Easy.

11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Slick brochure. But his voting record speaks louder. :tear:

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand the difference, but if one can switch parties at a moments notice, there is no real difference.

Democrats in Texas routinely vote in Republican primaries in order to have a say in local politics. Thirty years ago, the reverse was true.

In New Hampshire, it's problematic when one conducts a poll thinking an independent is actually an independent when they are a democrat or a Republican that has registered as an independent to protect their option to vote either way.

It tends to skew the results.