1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul Excluded in Iowa

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JGrubbs, Jun 19, 2007.

1. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Iowans for Tax Relief and Iowa Christian Alliance will host a presidential candidates forum on Saturday, June 30th in Des Moines. Republican presidential candidates Mitt Romney, Sam Brownback, Jim Gilmore, Mike Huckabee, Tommy Thompson, and Tom Tancredo will participate.

Ron Paul, however, will not participate. Why? Because he wasn’t invited.

We heard about this forum from numerous supporters in Iowa who asked why Dr. Paul was not going to participate. Those supporters assumed that Dr. Paul was invited.

The campaign office had not received an invitation so we called this morning; thinking we might have misplaced the invitation or simply overlooked it. Lew Moore, our campaign manager, called Mr. Edward Failor, an officer of Iowans for Tax Relief, to ask about it. To our shock, Mr. Failor told us Dr. Paul was not invited; he was not going to be invited; and he would not be allowed to participate. And when asked why, Mr. Failor refused to explain. The call ended.

Lew then called Mr. Steve Sheffler, president of the Iowa Christian Alliance, to talk with him. Mr. Sheffler did not answer so Lew left a message. He has yet to respond.

Why are the Iowans for Tax Relief and the Iowa Christian Alliance excluding the one Republican candidate who scored at the top of every online poll taken after the MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN debates? Why are they denying Iowans the opportunity to hear from the Republican presidential candidate whose popularity is growing by the day?

We couldn’t get answers to these questions from Messrs. Failor and Sheffler. Maybe you’ll have better luck. Their contact information is below.

It's ironic that on the same day we learned the Iowans for Tax Relief and the Iowa Christian Alliance excluded Dr. Paul from their candidates forum, we received a call from ABC News confirming Dr. Paul’s participation in its nationally broadcast August 5th debate to be held in Des Moines.

Kent Snyder, Chairman
    Ron Paul 2008

Contact Information

Edward Failor
    Iowans for Tax Relief
    2610 Park Avenue
    Muscatine, Iowa 52761
    Phone: 563-288-3600 or 877-913-3600
    Fax: 563-264-2413
    E-mail:
    [email protected]

Steve Sheffler, President
    Iowa Christian Alliance
    939 Office Park Road, Suite 115
    West Des Moines, Iowa 50265
    Phone: 515-225-1515
    Fax: 515-225-1826
    E-mail:
    [email protected]

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I didn't see Rudy's name on the list, either, nor did I see McCain's name. Duncan Hunter isn't there. Wonder if these weren't invited. If not, then they can't be excluding Paul for lack of support. His national polling numbers are still pretty low.

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

You would think that Iowans for Tax Relief would welcome a candidate that never votes to raise taxes. Oh, and wants to abolish the IRS.

#3 James_Newman, Jun 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2007
  4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I didn't see their names either, and I too wonder if they were not invited, or simply choose not to participate. I believe McCain and Guilliani both have decided not to participate in the Iowa caucus.

I found out an interesting fact about the national phone polls. Many of them only call registered voters age 30+ to do their surveys. I wonder how many votes from the voters ages 18 to 29 are not being included.

I still don't buy the argument that all of Ron Pauls supporters are hackers and spammers, does that mean that all of these online polls were hack proof prior to this election cycle.

5. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

This is a story that the media should expose but ..... will never happen.Hillary and Rudy are the annointed ones and Americans no longer are given the oppurtunity to view a fair debate. Ron Paul is is going to have to make his case via the internet.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's the email address for Iowans for Tax Relief:

[email protected]

And here is the email I just sent to them:

Congressman Ron Paul has been one of the taxpayer's best friends in Congress during his ten terms in office. Therefore, why would you exclude him from your presidential candidates forum on June 30?

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's why I would really like to see Ron Paul, after the GOP nominates another liberal like George W. Bush, run as a fusion candidate of the Libertarian Party, Constitution Party, and other limited government parties in 2008.

8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Poor Ron Paul

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, 2 Timothy2:1-4, is it poor America.

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

When I was 18-29, I was polled. Of course, that's been a little while back :)

11. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Ron Paul already said that he wouldn't run third-party if he didn't get the GOP nomination. I have heard that Jerome Corsi may be the Constitution Party candidate in 2008.

12. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

JOHN McCAIN 2008, INC.

Meet Ed Failor. Iowans for tax relief is apparently not the only organization he is a part of.

13. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know, but I wish he would. Otherwise, I hope that George Phillies wins the
    LP nomination - http://phillies2008.org/.

15. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

16. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Right and if they invited Ron Paul now, then they'd have to invite everyone and their yeas wouldn't be yeas ;) . Besides if they put one more guy on the stage, then it might collapse and if the stage collapses it might fray electrical wires and start the building on fire, and if the building gets on fire then the grass outside the building will light and if the grass starts on fire before you know it...no more corn in Iowa. We are talking about a serious threat to our national corn supply! Failor should consider calling in Chertoff as he's dealing with some serious stuff here :eek:

17. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Jerome Corsi? Does the Constitution party want to be co opted by neoconservatives like the GOP and Dem parties have been? Don't get me wrong, Corsi has done a great job exposing the SPP and all but the man still supports a neoconservative approach to foreign policy.

19. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Poor Ronnie! Where is that violin of mine?