1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul: Given More Time to Explain His Position

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, May 17, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, at least one reporter worth his salt actually gave Congressman Ron Paul time to explain his position on the importance of a constitutional, non-interventionist foreign policy. I find nothing to disagree with the congressman about.

www.wmur.com/video/13328294/detail.html

#1 KenH, May 17, 2007
    Last edited: May 17, 2007
  2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

I'm ready for the next debate. Ron Paul has been very straight forward and he is right, 30 seconds was not enough time to fully answer this question. I am very disappointed in how Fox tried to smear a wonderful man. I doubt that this incident will lead to the demise of the Fox News Network but one can only hope that it does.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I think Rep. Paul could've articulated a non-interventionist foreign policy without invoking the 9/11 black hole. If he had done so, Rudy would still be trying to climb out of the hole he dug for himself.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It just proves that these "debates" are not for the serious discussion of issues.

I have no problem with Ron Paul referencing the statements made by the 9/11 Commission in its report on the 9/11/01 attacks.

5. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    From what i have heard, the 9/11 report suggest that we should be invovled in nation building. Is this true? The report should be left out of any debate from either side unless they are prepared to accept the entire report as gospel. Otherwise it carries no wieght in an argument, it's picking and choosing "opinions" rather than sticking to hard facts.

God Bless!

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be impractical. That would mean you can never quote anyone or any writing unless you agree with everything that person or that writing states.

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I just don't think it is helpful or wise to quote a document that works against your position as much as it supports it.

God Bless!

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Nice, you "hear" something from a user on this board in another thread and then come to this thread like it's something "new". Hum...

The report should be a part of any debate, if it's a serious debate. This report was put together by respected people and it's purpose to to give us insight into what happened, and how to be better prepared for next time.

If these clowns can't talk about this report (much less read it and understand it, Guilaniti) then why should we vote for them?

Please define what you think nation building is.

Jamie

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is something "new" to me :thumbs:

I never read the report outside of what I have seen written here in threads. I don't understand your point.

I think it is helping nations financially, politically and militarily be what we would like them to be as friends. But you tell me what it really means because I am probably not defining it correctly.

God Bless!

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The 911 commission report was undertaken and formulated by people with many conflicts of interest. Namely ties to the military/security industrial complex. There has never been an "independent" investigation into 911. It has never been proven "19 highjackers, 15 of them Saudis" were ever on any of the four planes that day, and the FBI admits they have no hard evidence to connect Osama Bin Laden to the crime. Yet the "comissioners" and the corporate media keep acting as if it were proven.

Result, to battle the unproven forces of evil requires thousands and thousands of lives lost, a 50 percent increase in the size and scope of government, reduced civil liberties, spying on citizens, creation of a national biometric ID card and "international data banks", pre-emptive strikes and wars with over 100,000 private contractors, (corporate mercenaries) government contractors (government mercenaries) and military support contracts (no bid) and the hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars (debt to China and Japan) not to mention the billions wasted and unaccounted for to pay for it all, worldwide secret prisons and "agressive interrorgation techniques" (torture), huge and expanding militarized police state (no habeas corpus or fourth amendment protections), thousands more terrorists have been created "over there", Afghan opium production up, world wide weapons sales are booming (pun intended) the Afghan oil pipeline has the right of way, Iraq is divided and in a civil war...well you get the idea. Best part is this could go on forever. $$$

Qui bono?

BTW, the borders are still unsecure and three trillion dollars is still "missing" from the Pentagon.

#10 poncho, May 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2007
  11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not entirely.

At least one of them should have been on the witness stand instead of on the committee.