1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul: 'I Don't Blame America, I Blame Neocons'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, Jul 27, 2014.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Facing a tough but respectful grilling on Fox Business's The Independents over his recent comments on Ukraine and the apparent downing of a Malaysia Air plane, Ron Paul argues that the US government wants to blame Russia for the shoot-down while providing no evidence for its conclusion. Paul points out that the US claim that Russia was to blame for the disaster because they supply weapons to the rebels in east Ukraine is hypocritical because the US has armed oppositionists in Syria who went on to attack the US-backed government in Iraq.

But the best moment was when one of the hosts trotted out the old "aren't you blaming America?" question, which was previously used by the likes of Giuliani and the other neocons over the 9/11 attacks.

Responded Paul to the claim:

That is a misrepresentation of what I say. I don't blame America. I am America, you are America. I don't blame you. I blame bad policy. I blame the interventionists. I blame the neoconservatives who preach this stuff, who believe in it like a religion -- that they have to promote American goodness even if you have to bomb and kill people.

They say 'oh Ron Paul blames America therefore he's a bad guy and we can't listen to him.' Well I'll tell you what: the American people are listening more carefully now than ever before. ...Non-intervention is the wave of the future.

Watch the video:

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2014/july/25/ron-paul-i-dont-blame-america,-i-blame-neocons.aspx

#1 poncho, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  2. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Ron Paul is Rand Paul's father. Rand is running for President and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I know, right? Who are these yahoos that still believe in our founding principles anyway? :rolleyes:

What we really need is more unconstitutional wars and increased military spending. So what we're already broke and everyone hates us? Onward oh ye indispensable ones, to the killing fields!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I

#3 poncho, Jul 27, 2014
  4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now we know why Libertarians can never elect a President--thanks, Ron Paul, for letting us know where you stand.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

VOR: But what exactly is the rationale behind the never-ending wars?

There are several reasons that are mutually supportive. One is that the neoconservative ideology came to full power with the collapse of the Soviet Union. And this ideology says that history has chosen the US to prevail all over the world, that there is no alternative to the American political and economic system, and that this choice by history gives the US the responsibility to exercise hegemony over the entire world.

So, this is a very powerful ideology, a more powerful ideology than the US has ever before had. And it comes at a time when other ideologies are gone. The communist ideology is gone, the Marxist revolutionary movements are gone. And so, it leaves the US dominating on the ideological level.

Another reason is the military-security complex. It is an amazingly large and powerful private interest group with government elements, such as all the security agencies – the CIA, Homeland Security, FBI, the Pentagon. And it absorbs hundreds of billions of dollars, probably close to one trillion dollars annually.

And this money is very important to this interest group. Some of the taxpayers’ money is recycled, it comes back to Congress, it comes back to presidential candidates, as political campaign contributions, thus ensuring their elections and reelections. So, this is a second very strong force – a material interest that is very much benefited by wars and a threat of wars.

And the third very powerful interest group is the Israel lobby. Most of the neoconservatives are Jewish ethnics. Many of them are Israeli-US citizens. Almost all of them are closely tied to Israel. And so, the neoconservative ideology of American hegemony fits in very well with the 13 years of wars in the ME, because these wars also serve a subsidiary interest of disposing of the Arab states that are not aligned with the US and Israel, and that could serve as a check on Israeli policy or Israeli expansion in the ME.

So, these three come together, they are all mutually supportive and in many ways it is the same people. The neoconservatives are the same as the Israel lobby. The officials in the Pentagon, in the State Department, they are also neoconservatives. So, it is a very strong three-part foundation that holds together.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/07/01/us-war-russia-already-underway-pcr-interviewed-voice-russia/

No, thank you CMG for helping the neocons suck the life out this country and kill millions of people (yes they are people) in foreign lands by ignoring our founding principles and the US Constitution.

#5 poncho, Jul 27, 2014
  6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One problem with your attacks on me, Poncho, is that I am a Taft Republican.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Attacks on you? Me? No, CMG that's TND and ITL's department not mine.

I'm merely pointing out your complicity in helping the neocons spread their lies and propaganda. Soon we may be able to count them in massive American lives and casualties instead of just those other millions of readily dispensable lives you've already helped them to extinguish.

So you go right on blaming the democrats and libertarians for everything while your neocon heros set the whole world on fire. Okay?

#7 poncho, Jul 27, 2014
  8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't even know any neo-cons. I am not even sure what you mean by that term. Do you mean a Jew who left the Democrat Party?

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He means anyone who is not a Isolationist Libertarian.

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the clarification--you are right!

The life verse for public school students should be:

Psalms 119:99 (KJV) I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies [are] my meditation.

On another subject, did you see the laughable thread about how the civilized world was vilifying Putin for his murders?

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hehe, I used that vers in part of my sermons yesterday. I did not.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really think the Libertarians would claim the P-man?

14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I actually agree with Ron Paul on this one. Although, I must add that anyone that talks about themselves in the third person is an ass.

15. thisnumbersdisconnected

Google Ron Paul blames "neocons" and see if you find any credible sources for the story in there. I was amused to see that Poncho's thread was number 12 on the "hit list." Most of the online articles in the search are either oddball conspiracy theorist sites, or Ron Paul's self-promotion. The media is rightly ignoring the ranting of Paul, who seems to have grown senile, probably from all his unsuccessful runs for president.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It took awhile, but Paul's rampant hypocrisy finally made anything he says irrelevant.

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Notice to that Paul turned Republican to get in out of the cold. And his son has stayed Republican to keep out of the cold.