1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul ponders politics, 2012 run

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken, could you run a poll & see how many here would vote for him?

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I, too, support limited, constitutional government. I, too, wish more Americans did, especially those who say they do but their actions say otherwise.
    I can't recall a time where he did, but I may be missing the two or three times in his life he did :)

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats Scary

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken, Hope you dont mind - to vote on voting, click on your chad here !

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What the Republican and Democratic Parties have done to this country is scary.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wont dispute that - but to say that just about any Libertarian for POTUS is too much of a stretch. For one, many LP's are pro abortion.

Again, it depends on who the candidates are.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The abortion issue does not drive my vote. I understand if it drives yours and that's fine.

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Sure Hope He...

... doesn't run. The Tea Party is starting to believe they were "shuck-n-jived" by Ron's son, Rand.

I've heard Ron speak, and I've never connected with the man and his ideals for a better America.

So, this is one person who would rather see Obama win a second term, than have Paul win in 2012.:tonofbricks:

What does that say about your man, Paul???

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

9. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I am just curious who everyone would support. While there are things about Ron I think are far better than any Republican Candidate (his basic economic principles are far better than any other Dem or Republican out there). I can't see myself voting for most of the other people.

Palin: an intellectual lightweight whose rhetoric is not only divisive but irrational. She should take a couple of years and begin to study logic to match her rhetorical skills. Plus, I am against people who are

Romney: Not a true conservative. His economic policies are to the left of Bush and to the Right of Obama. Not a person I think should be running our country. As well, social issues he is not a true believer. He approaches social issues from a materialistic mindset, so in areas I agree with him, I question his motives and true passion.

Newt: Has much to offer, but I am not a fan of his economic policies nor do I think he has truly been a stalwart of social issues. A vote for him would be a vote for a man who is very intellectual, but a person that I am not certain would stand firmly for the issues that matter the most.

Barbour- a part of the Republican establishment and a former member of the RNC. I do not think he has a chance, but he did run to the right in Mississippi, but was more central as the RNC chair.

Pawlenty: Don't know enough about him yet.

On the Democratic side, I do not see anyone willing to challenge Obama.

Ron Paul is solid on economic principles, though you may disagree with one outlying issues His libertarian view of the family is concerning and on moral issues his presuppositional views are inconsistent with the Christian worldview.

Who do you support and why?

10. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

At this point in time, I don't know. Last election in the primaries I liked Huckabee but went with Romney, in the election I went with Baldwin.

I agree more with Newt than most but I don't trust his personal life, so I would never vote for him.

From reading of the job he has done as governor and listening to him on the radio from time to time Barbour has my ear.

I know he could not win do to his name but our last governor I like and would vote for, Jeb Bush.

11. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

One of the two best gifts the republicans could give the democrats in 2012, would be for Palin to run as a republican and for Paul to run as an independent. It would almost ensure another four year of President Obama.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That must be why liberals hate and fear her so much.:thumbs: