1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul: Rights of Taxpayers is Missing Element in Stem Cell Debate

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jun 26, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

I do not need any help from a website. I have listend to old ronnie himself. He sides with Obama, the shirt tail rider, Kennedy and the rest of their ilk on the war. He wants to legalize drugs that destroy individual lives and their family members and destroy society as a whole. That is liberal.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Evidently you do, Timmy, unless you wish to remain ignorant on what libertarianism is.

2) Congressman Paul, Timmy, sides with the U.S. constitution and the Founding Fathers. If people such as Senators Obama and Kennedy occasionally do so as well, then good.

3) I think you will find, Timmy, that most liberals side with the failed "War on Drugs" just as most conservatives do. Therefore, it is mostly we libertarians who side with common sense in stating that it is none of Leviathan's business what adults freely do as long as they do not violate the rights of another person.

Consistently supporting liberty for all people means having to sometimes defend the indefensible.

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

You do not know that you just do not like my position on the liberal poitics you ascribe to.

They never do and neither do DOR's

You who want to legalize drugs that do hurt other ans society as a whole must present it as a failure to further your agenda. The truth is whether it is a success or failure you want it legalized. Calling it a failure is a political tactic not intellectual honesty.

Liberty that destroys the very society we set up is not liberty but bondage. Self destruction is the end of a lawless society. Nothing is conservative about that.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Call my politics liberal if you want, Timmy. It is highly inaccurate but if it fits your agenda, it's no skin off of my nose. Do you think that a liberal would support free markets as I do?

2) I don't think it is accurate to state than a person never, ever agrees with the U.S. constitution and the Founding Fathers.

3) That is correct I do. But the "War on Drugs" is an abject failure. Are you claiming that it is a success?

4) Following the U.S. constitution and the wisdom of the Founding Fathers will promote liberty. It will not destroy society. The long term health of our society has much more to fear from the disciples of George W. Bush and other liberals like him than it does from the re-legalization of certain drugs.

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Sure they do so long as it fits their agenda.

Libs only try to twist the constitution and change the essence of it an America to fit its "progressive" agenda.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) You truly are ignorant about politics.

2) All liberals do not and some conservatives do. But since George W. Bush has engaged in the activity you describe then you certainly must admit that he is a liberal based on your definition.

3) Not only are you ignorant about politics but you are ignorant about what is going on around you as well.

4) No, they won't. But ignorant voters who don't open their eyes to the truth certainly may.

7. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Yes GWB is liberal. And I neither support his border policy or his spending policy. Nor would I vote for him. I am not possesing the ignorance you claim. But those who want a different agenda in many cases, which is apparently true of you, will work to present the situation in as bad a light as they can to gain sympathy and agreement. And if you thing that drugs do not destroy lives then it is you sir who are ignorant of what is going on around them. I have seen it all first hand.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that taking certain drugs, including legal ones, destroy lives.

I also know that governments have destroyed many, many times more lives than taking legal or illegal drugs has.

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

making harmful and unnecessary drugs legal has nothig to do with harmful governments.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, but harmful governments make certain drugs illegal.

11. 2 Timothy2:1-4

rather inane isn't it?

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really. It is not a proper role for a government to dictate what drugs a person can take, or what he does in his bedroom, or what he does with his money.

13. 2 Timothy2:1-4

And this is the error of the liberal DOR's. Drug use is not isolated to the individulals that use them. It has its effect on society as a whole. And drugs will destroy families and society as a whole. Homosexuality will do the same.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Since I am not a liberal, you will have to take up that discussion with a liberal.

2) It still isn't any of Leviathan's business.

3) Drugs, legal and illegal, are less of a long term threat to society as a whole than totalitarian government is.

4) Homosexuality is less of a long term threat to society as a whole than totalitarian government is.

15. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Really! Did God say that those involved in a totalitarian government would not see the Kingdom of God or did he say homosexuals would not see the kingdom of God?

Outlawing those things that destroy a society and are extreme such as drugs and sexual perversion are not a result of a totalitarian government.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, they are, Timmy.