1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul Speaks Out Against War With Iran

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jun 27, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was talking with my insurance agent the other day. He is Iranian and 33 years old. He has only been in the states the last 10 years. He is of the opinion that abamawhatshisface is all talk. Ali doesn't believe that Iran has the technology to create nukes. And that abamawhatshisface is all talk. He suggested that Iranian men like to talk and sound big and this is all the Iranian leader is doing.

At the same time he suggested that if Israel and or the US or coalition forces were to strike surgically on the current regime the population of Iran (of which 70% are under the age of 40) would support that. He said Iran is largely secular with only 5% of the population in Islam. Unfortunately these Islamics work to get into positions of power. Any opposition to the current regime will be met with death.

He also suggested that since the majority of the population are of the same secular mind and not divided like Iraqi's are once surgical air strikes occurred and the current regime taken out, the Iranian people would be able to recover on their own quickly.

This is just one thought from a young Iranian.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Religions: Muslim 98% (Shi'a 89%, Sunni 9%), other (includes Zoroastrian, Jewish, Christian, and Baha'i) 2%

- www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ir.html

I realize that saying Iran is 98% is like saying the U.S. is 79% Christian(which is how the CIA lists it), knowing that a large portion of each percentage is only nominally Muslim or Christian. We know that the United States is a secular nation, not a theocracy.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The probelm with this is just who do they consider Moslem. If you are born Moslem then you are considered Moslem for life. Ali was born Moslem. But the majority of Iranians do not practice the Islamic faith. They are in fact secular and are heading toward the ancient persian religion of Zoroastrian which was the common religion before the Molems took over in Iran.

BY the way the choices are not reduced to secular or Theocracy.