1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul, Vice President?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dagwood, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

In viewing the current thread concerning Ron Paul's increase in donations, I was thinking what would happen if Paul's popularity increased to the point that he was nominated as a Vice Presidential candidate.

What impact would this have on the republican run for the White House in 2008?

2. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Well, it would certainly signal a change of policy for the major candidates, or at the very least a change of tone. I just can't see any of the big players picking him though.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't either, Ivon.

4. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

I agee completely; there is no way Ron Paul would even be considered. What I want to know it that if he were viable, what impact would that have on the general election?

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think that vice presidential picks influence the outcome of the general election. George H.W. Bush won in 1988 despite picking Dan Quayle. Quayle was clearly an inferior choice compared to Dukakis' selection of Lloyd Bentsen.

6. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Not to change the subject, but do you think Clinton will pick Obama as her running mate? Why should she and why not?
    And what do you think the reaction of the black community will be if she doesnt?

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I think there is better than 50-50 chance she will. If not, she will pick whomever comes in 2nd in the primaries.

The reaction of the black community would be a mystery to me. A good part of them already support Clinton, plus leaders like Al Sharpton are for Clinton.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Senator Clinton might pick current Virginia senator and former Secretary of the Navy under Ronald Reagan - Jim Webb.