1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Phillips on Women Preachers.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Ben W, Sep 4, 2005.

1. showard93

showard93 New Member

I will admit that I haven't read all the replies but I just had a quick comment....There is no such creature as a woman preacher...AMEN!

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I will give that a hearty AMEN! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Yes there are. Lots of women preach every day with how they live their lives. Every one of us is required to be a witness and share the hope that we have in Christ.

Many women are gifted preachers and teachers. And when they serve under the leadership of the elders, they are to be commended.

Priscilla and Aquilla taught Apollos.

Now in the church, male elders are to lead, not lording it over the people, but willingly. They are to serve.

In the home, husbands are to lead in the same manner that Christ lead and gave himself for the church.

So let's not say there isn't such a thing as a woman preacher. There are.

There are also women pastors, who shepherd and care for the flock under them (SS classes, choir directors, nursery workers, hospitality groups, etc.).

The elders of the church are men, but the gifts of ministry are open to both genders.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

In scripture there have been many women who spoke for God. They just were not pastors.

I tend to think the gospel is not just tied to men.

Romans 10:14-15, "How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!"