1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Versus the Huckster

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Once again CMG, You are wrong. Our presence in Iraq has not stopped Iraqis from killing other Iraqis and in some cases loose screws who are contracted by our government to be a security force are taking pot sots at innocent civilians and even at our own troops. The U.S is always looking over the shoulders of the Iraqi lawmakers to make sure that they are running the Government as the Bush administration wants it run (some democracy,Huh?) .
    How about you CMG, have you got an extra trillion dollars in you pockets you can spare to continue the fight against terror in Iraq.
    Ron Paul doesn't have to talk about honor, he lives his life honoring the Constitution.
    These Iraqis have to be given a chance to rule on their own. We will never know what they will be capable of doing unless we give them that oppurtunity .
    Victory has been achieved by our troops, However CMG if you feel compelled to relieve any of our soldiers from these deployments and redeployments you have my blessing to go and serve a 15 month stretch of active service in Iraq.

2. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

From a libertarian's perspective who LOVES Paul:

A Muslim democracy? Oh, the irony. For a fitting utopian encore, I vote for the establishment of a pacifistic army. You know you're dealing with exclusively emotively charged ideology when a single stipulation/deadline/requirement threatens to immediately implode the programme upon itself. You also know you're dealing with exclusively emotively charged ideology when progress can only be measured in terms of abstractions such as compassion, patriotism, effort, etc. And to the orthodox, yes, I concede the surge has lessened the body count. No one, (I repeat!), no one argues that holding a gun to someone's head 24/7 cannot produce desired behavior. But the whole gun-to-head thing is hardly in keeping with conventional standards of social stability. Or due process of law. Or self-governance. The mere fact that we are currently committing additional troops to the area is a regression, outcome aside.

For the record, owing to the operational dynamics of the laws of supply and demand, CULTURE is kingmaker. For better or for worse... and in this case it's certainly for the worse. By default, Islam and only Islam will dictate Iraq's modus operandi.

Yes, I'm new here.

Laissez faire regards,
    Moi

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you Democrats really believe that Ron Paul can help you?

If the Democrats are so sure of victory in November, why are they promoting Ron Paul as a good idea?

Do the Democrats really want to live in a world of hunker in the bunker and reject what little there is left standing of the FDR foreign policy for the new isolationism of the Libertarians?

Do the Democrats really want to legalize drugs, prostitution, same-sex marriage and allow murderers to know that they will never receive the death penalty from Ron Paul?

Or do the Democrats want to protect continued abortion and fear that a constitutional amendment might end abortion but Ron Paul will allow it to be continued in liberal states such as New Jersey and New York?

As for the idea of going bankrupt, we could always go on austerity and a war-footing, as we did under the Democrats during WW II, or would that interfere with the Democrat agenda of a full welfare state?

As for the idea that a minor war like Iraq should be halted a la Korea and a la Viet Nam, is it just that the Democrats want power and they prefer to cut and run under Ron Paul or a Democrat than to stay until there is victory?

Do the Democrats really believe the rich leftists who spend a lot of money saying that one more cut and run is the winning plan for Democrat victory in 2008?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are you talking about?

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome aboard! :)

6. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

All of the above are false assumptions on your part CMG. BTW, which democrats are promoting Ron Paul?

7. Ivon Denosovich

[hijack] Conservatives concede that man is economically selfish. Liberals concede that man is morally selfish. And we libertarians concede that selfishness is selfishness, semantics notwithstanding. Seeing as such, we place no faith in attempts to manufacture long term behavior AKA social engineering. [/hijack]

Thanks for the welcome, KenH. This looks like a great website for like minded believers to engage ideas. A breath of fresh air compared with other message boards, really.

#27 Ivon Denosovich, Sep 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007
  8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have made no assumptions.

As the former Governor of Arkansas noted in the debate, the Libertarian Ron Paul did not speak of the honor of the USA.

I have made no assumptions about him.

Ron Paul does want to hunker in the bunker, does oppose the Reagan plank from 1980 to pass a constitutional amendment saying that the unborn child is a human being, and does believe that no murderer should be put to death (not even a abortionist doctor). As for the Libertarian issues of legalized drugs, legalized prostitution, and legalized same-sex marriage, they are boilerplate Libertarian positions and represnt the plan of hunker in the bunker on domestic issues, also.

The leftists among the Democrats are rich and have funded candidates in the Democrat primary who advocate immediate withdrawal from Iraq, as was done in Korea and Viet Nam.

The Democrats so far seem to be dancing to the tune of the rich leftists.

However, the question still remains of what will happen if their policy is actually put into place? There will be a bloodbath in Iraq just as there was in Viet Nam. That is not even denied.

America will have taken three called strikes. The world will never again rely on the word of honor of the American military because Islam will have been proven correct that Americans withdraw and go home when the cost becomes high.

Ron Paul would be a disaster. If you want leftist policies, vote for Clinton--she at least has some experience at running things. :laugh:

9. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Welcome aboard Ivon.I agree wholeheartedly with your statement. Traditional Republicans and Democrats will always have plenty of Snake oil for sale though even if neither party is well grounded in reality.

10. Ivon Denosovich

In my humble opinion, honor is having enough self respect to only help people who help themselves. Considering that an unsettling 11 of 18 (by some estimates an even more disproportionate 14 of 18) benchmarks remain on the drawing board, and considering that the entire Iraqi parliament took the entire month of August off for summer vacation, I think the most noble thing Old Glory could do is to live and let live.

Petra-O IX, how can I clone you and assimilate you(s) into the voting masses?

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) I agree with these two positions. On the issue of marriage I believe in the separation of marriage and state. If marriage is indeed "holy matrimony"(which I believe it is) then it is a matter for the churches to handle, not the government - especially not the federal government.

2) I doubt that keeping our troops in Iraq for another ten years would prevent that from happening after they are withdrawn.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ivon,

How did you find out about Baptist Board?

Ken

13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The state has an interest in defining marriage.

The state has an interest in defining marriage. The federal government has already told the Mormons that they could not have more than one wife.

This may have been done for income tax purposes, or at least maintained for income tax purposes. If the state, under Ron Paul, legalizes same-sex marriage, it would be an income tax nightmare. It will take Ron Paul a great deal of effort to legalize drugs, prostitution, and same-sex marriage, and I doubt if anyone would want to live in that society who is not already living in the Netherlands.

As for the idea that a bloodbath is inevitable, that overlooks the fact that victory per se means that the USA would be the dominant military power and that all resistance would cease. In the long run, it may be the Arabs who do not want to pay the price of continued war against the West--especially if the USA wins.

14. Ivon Denosovich

KenH, I was reading a KJV only apologist site and there was a link. (I'm not KJV, was simply reading about it.)

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Ron Paul is not in favor of the federal government legalizing homosexual marriage.

"The choices are not limited to either banning gay marriage at the federal level, or giving up and accepting it as inevitable. A far better approach, rarely discussed, is for Congress to exercise its existing constitutional power to limit the jurisdiction of federal courts. Congress could statutorily remove whole issues like gay marriage from the federal judiciary, striking a blow against judicial tyranny and restoring some degree of states’ rights."

- www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2004/tst030104.htm

2) The one that can be done would be for the U.S. military to destroy all of the military forces and militias of both the Sunnis and the Shiites. However, you may have noticed that our federal government is currently arming both Sunnis and Shiites.

16. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

:laugh: And You belived the Huckster?
    And so are the Republlicans, Looks like the White House is up for sale afterall.
    Then let it be blood on their hands, this too shall pass. Viet Nam is history and seem to be content in living among themselves in reasonable peace since we have left that region of the world.
    God did not appoint America to be the World Police and that is another one of your false assumptions.
    I'll take my chances with Ron Paul. If you want a real disaster, vote for the Cross-dressing candidate Guiliani.:laugh: You were quite fond of him once weren't you?

#36 Petra-O IX, Sep 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007
  17. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

:laugh: Yeah! My wife would love that, if only it were possible.

18. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

Mike Huckabee is an ordained Southern Baptist minister and I think he does not deserve the name Huckster, he may not have been perfect but his core beliefs in his faith and standing tall without compromising is virtious. I support Ron Paul as well in his unfair treatment by the moneyed and powerful who only care about using Christian votes. I am not portraying him as nuts and out of touch like others and how they put him down in debates and Sean Hannity and his unjournalism trying to cast him as a nut with his mocking talking points.

Sam Brownback
    Mike Huckabee
    Ron Paul

have been straight shooters they deserve more respect.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Governor Busybody" fits him better.

20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Democrats are the party of the rich.

Rocko, you are not up-to-date on the fact that the rich people are now in the Democrat Party. Besides, aren't you yourself a card-carrying Democrat? Or do I have you confused with some other poster?

I wonder why Ron Paul does not run again on the Libertarian ticket since it is unlikely that he will ever get anywhere in the GOP. Maybe he should switch to the Democrat Party since they would agree with him on his liberal social agenda as well as his cut and run foreign policy.

By the way, tens of thousands died when Viet Nam fell into communist hands and the persecution still continues in Viet Nam.