1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Roosevelt Quote

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ReformedBaptist, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not hear that story from my wifes family who had farms in Iowa. Rather all my wifes family "10 Kids" were helped out during the depression. Sorry if that actually happened like you said it did.

I speak from my own family who were all coal miners in Pennsylvania

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There Carpo you are very correct.....Im a very big sinner & I often hate. I dont see anybody calling me Christlike...lol. If they did I would call them insane.:laugh:

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It happened. It's an historical fact.

Just one of the abuses of Roosevelt's Agricultural Adjustment Administration whose actions were declared unconstitutional by SCOTUS in 1936.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will have to research that....thanks

5. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

You are correct.

The Agricultural Adjustment Administration , a New Deal colossus intended to do for farming what the NRA had done for business. The Agricultural Adjustment Administration involved an adaptation of the Soviet method of confiscation. The Agricultural Adjustment Administration was hoping to shake up agricultural markets by restricting supply through confiscating excess production and destroying it as waste. Isn't this still done with milk, I know it used to be? The cash to pay for this effort was to be raised by taxing commodities processors .
    The Agricultural Adjustment Administration had success to start with. Agricultural income increased by 50% in Roosevelt's first term. Some of this increase, however, was attributable to terrible droughts. These, ruining thousands of farmers in the Great Plains, caused cuts in supply and contributed to higher prices for crops produced elsewhere. The Agricultural Adjustment Administration acreage quotas also led some landlords to evict tenants from their lands. Moreover, as the AAA improved farm prices, it forced consumers, millions of whom lacked adequate food and decent clothing, to pay more for the necessities of life. Roosevelt, it seemed, was fighting scarcity with more scarcity.
    Over a two-year period, while millions of Americans went hungry, the federal government spent over $700 million confiscating grain, slaughtering livestock, dumping milk, and burning textile crops .

And lets not forget more of his way left leanings, the NRA. The NRA was adapted almost entirely from "corporatism," the economic system of Italian fascism.

#25 Bob Alkire, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2010
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Carpo indicated that the activity was unconstitutional & reversed by .... Im assuming Congress or the Supreme Court.

Now I did not live back then--- only heard from trusted family members who lived thru allot of war & economic strife (stuff I believe we are also headed for), but I do not hold to any politician circumventing the Constitution. Bush did it with his little wars & Barry repeatedly pushes the envelope today with his Health Care programs etc.

Since WWII there has been very little peace in this tormented world, only a programmed & systematic series of wars and calamities---until these plotters have gained their objective: an exhausted world willing to submit to a PLANNED Marxist economy and total & meek enslavement...all in the name of peace.

The people in my family who lived in this country were fortunate enough to escape much of the pain that Europe & Asia went through in the 30's & 40's but if you do a deep study of Poland, Hungary Czechoslovakia & Russia (the Slavic Baltic Nations) you guys will see a very different picture, almost unbelievable depravity, starvation, inhumanity etc. If we do not get together as a Christian nation, I fervently believe we will be there in 5 years.

PS: One of my Ukrainian friends (an Evangelical Christian) who experienced that lifestyle described it as "Living in a Tomb"