1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Roosevelt talked to Hitler and Tojo?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, May 16, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

"During Barack Obama’s victory speech in North Carolina last night, he offered an argument about his much-criticized assertion that he would hold talks with America’s enemies without preconditions. Obama claimed that he would only be following in the footsteps of FDR and Harry Truman with this kind of openness. For a history buff such as myself, this sounds more than a little puzzling."

I am surprised that more wasnt made of this gaff. As far as I know the only leader thatr met with Hitler was Chamberlain and we all know what he is known for.

"Truman met with Joseph Stalin during and after World War II, but that didn’t stop the Soviets from blockading West Berlin or ringing down an iron curtain across eastern Europe, enslaving those nations for almost 50 years. If Potsdam and Yalta are Obama’s idea of successful foreign policy, then he obviously hasn’t studied 20th century history. Talking with implacable tyrants leads to appeasement, which leads to either war or more implacability of the tyranny in questiion.

Obama will be nothing but a useful idiot in the hands of Ahmadinijad and his ilk. We need a president who commands respect not one who lick the hands of our enemies. We cant feed the crocodile hoping it will eat us last.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/05/07/video-roosevelt-talked-to-hitler-and-tojo/

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Amen brother, amen.:thumbs: