1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RUBBERMAID WITHDRAWS SPONSORSHIP!

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jun 21, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Rubbermaid has informed OneMillionMoms, OneMillionDads, and OneMillionYouth that they will no longer sponsor "Lucky."

Rubbermaid contacted Chairman Don Wildmon with their decision ONLY HOURS INTO THE CAMPAIGN.

Sylvia Montgomery, Director, Marketing for Rubbermaid, wrote a letter to OMM/OMD/OMY:

"Rubbermaid Commercial Products would like to express our sincere apologies to the members of your organization. Recently, one of our television commercials aired during the 'Lucky' television show on the Fx Network.

"Rubbermaid Commercial Products, a division of Newell-Rubbermaid, recognizes the importance of family values. We also recognize that television plays a tremendous role in the shaping of our culture. Effective immediately Rubbermaid Commercial will end airings of our television commercials during the 'Lucky' television show.

"Again, we appreciate your comments regarding this matter and thank you for taking the time to write us and express your thoughts."

LINK

[​IMG]
    Sue

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What was this show about? I had never heard of it until it was posted about here.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it's about a gambling addict who lives in Las Vegas. (based on commercials advertising it)

Anyways, I was cleaning house one day when I heard a lot of foul language coming from the tv set.

I was in another room and couldn't imagine what channel I had the thing on to hear that much pretty tough language.

I made haste into the den and it was on that show. I turned it to something else and went about cleaning.

I don't know what else is offensive and I have never seen the program, just overhead about 1 or 2 minutes of it.

That was enough for me.

Peace-

YSIC
    Scarlett O. [​IMG]
    <><

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since I pretty much watch only news, financial news, the History Channel, and sports, I don't know much about the usual fare on TV. [​IMG]

5. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hailded by critics (what would you expect!) it is a show about a gambler and his buddies and is "cutting edge" because of it's use of foul language and graphic expressions.

6. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

There is NO excuse for all the foul language on TV. It wouldn't bother me if all shows with it were to disappear and not return until they cleaned it up.