1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rudy for President!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What difference does it make to a Democrat whom the GOP nominates, A-Pal? It certainly makes no difference to me whom the Democrats nominate but I think that it will be Hillary since the Clintons still dominate the Democrat Party after 8 years out of office.

Rudy's chances are governed by his refusal to cut and run in Iraq and his willingness to let the American people have victory in the war on terror. This distinguishes him from all Democrats who are running.

www.JoinRudy2008.com

2. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

I can't believe you don't know!!!...are you blind cmg...have you even considered the wives of all the republican faithful who show up for a
    get to know ya Giuliani and are under total anxiety that he may be wearing the same DRESS!....Laura Bush just had this
    happen to her ..it was a total chaos in the one
    per centers world.:smilewinkgrin:

[​IMG]

btw See! MG I am not even a democrat but Guilliani will have to do some major flip flopping and down right lying to win the heartland and right wing religion.

My apologies to all the Republican women I could not get a pic of the high
    heels he was wearing ...you will have to be well heeled regardless if you want to ask him any beauty secrets.

Breaking News! Guilianni endorsed by Gucci.

new slogan Guilianni is in the bag the [​IMG] bag:smilewinkgrin:

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I find this quite disturbing. I do what's right, because I care for my fellow human beings. It just happens that the idea lines up with the Bible. Still, given the hypothetical, I would not change how I treat people one bit.

4. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

How would you know what's right if the Bible wasn't truth?

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

It doesn't take words in a book, including the Bible, to make me repulsed by murder, rape, and other crimes against my fellow human beings. If you would become a rapist or murderer in the hypothetical, there is something seriously wrong with the way you think about other people.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==That is an unBiblical and unChristian statement.

==Well I may feel that eating red meat at every meal is healthy but that does not make it so (I do NOT believe that, btw). Feelings mean nothing when it comes to truth. Homosexuality is an abomination against the Lord. We know this because the Holy Spirit (GOD) inspired the writers of Scripture (several different writers) to directly say so.

==They may not choose to have that temptation. However, like everyone else, they choose how they will respond to their temptation. So, yes, their lifestyle is their choice.

==In light of your other post, yes, you did.

#46 Martin, Feb 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2007
  7. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

What standard would you use to determine that murder, rape and other crimes against fellow human beings is wrong if you don't have a Bible?

Why do you suppose we have children raping and killing each other in human secular schools? Could it be because they are being taught human secular religion?

If there is no Bible there is no moral authority, there is no law and everyone will do what thou wilt. Maybe some heathen will be nicer than others but without the Bible they're going to do whatever pleases themselves.

I doubt that it would please me to murder but I would not know as I have Christ in me because I have His Word. I know what I was like when I was in darkness and while I didn't murder, I was sympathetic to it for I was pro-choice and pro-slaughter in the guise of war.

Without the Bible you get folks like Mr. Giuliani who as demonstrated in this thread, likes to:

• Support sodomy contrary to the Bible
    • Support the killing of children contrary to the Bible
    • Dress in drag contrary to the Bible

I assure you that if he believed in the truth of the Bible he would not do these things. A society that believes in the truth of the Bible is a moral society, one that does not is the depraved society that Mr. Giuliani represents.

8. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Disturbing and deluded is someone who claims to be a Christian telling us that he knows God better than the bible. You DO need the bible to tell you what is wrong and what is right.

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

9. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Better than that, I believe the King James Bible is the pure word of God!

Proverbs 22:17-21
    17 Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.
    18 For it is a pleasant thing if thou keep them within thee; they shall withal be fitted in thy lips.
    19 That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee.
    20 Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge,
    21 That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

this thread needs to go away.

11. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Then I guess you should be scared of me.

12. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one is saying that the Bible itself is the source of our moral compass.

The reason the Bible is a trustworthy, authoritative guide for living is that it is inspired by God.

Those of us who have been born again (of God) have the Holy Spirit within us to guide us into all truth. God uses his inspired word to do that. God is not limited to his written word--the Holy Spirit also works directly upon us, but the Bible and the Holy Spirit will not direct you on opposite paths.

13. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Romans 7:18-25
    18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
    19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
    20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
    21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
    22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
    23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
    24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
    25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Are all secular folks rapists and murderers? Or do you believe that God is somehow impressed by your self control in not being a rapist or a murderer? Do you believe that without the revelation of scripture you would somehow have come to the knowledge of Jesus Christ?

14. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

You may think that's an insult but, as a Christian, I thank you for the compliment.

What is your standard then for determining right and wrong?

If the Bible were disproven I would no longer be a Christian and would have no foundation for morality except for tradition.

This I did not say. Temporally, I am a proponent of a republican form of gov't and a separation of church and state. I do not believe in a state church nor do I believe in churches who have been incorporated by the state. Having said that, there is a reason the second president of the United States said this...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams​

The religious people he was talking about were Christians, the morality that Biblical Christians possess is from the word of God. Were the people of this nation to return to a Biblical morality, then the gov't of this nation would likely return to a republican form of gov't.

Having said that, a republic is not a perfect form of gov't as a Godly gov't is a theocracy, ruled by a King as evidenced by King David etc. The gov't that will work and will be headed by the King of Kings is a theocracy and when He returns and reigns for 1,000 years it will be the most glorious form of gov't this earth has ever witnessed.

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rudy is looking better and better for 2008. Even the Democrats are thinking that Hillary cannot beat Rudy next year.

It has been reported that some of Bush's political advisors have joined the Rudy campaign.

One of the most interesting events of the weekend was the open disagreement between Obama and Hillary. As you know, an Obama operative in Hollywood had some very negative things to say about Hillary, and Obama refused to apologize for his campaign as Hillary asked.

Those who support Obama probably see that Hillary is doomed to defeat. However, Obama is doomed to defeat, also. He has problems in that his church has a racist doctrine, as has been posted on this board.

If you would like to read about the spat between Obama and Hillary, try this link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,253482,00.html

If you are interested in Rudy, try

http://www.joinrudy2008.com/

If you are interested in Rudy updates, try

http://www.draftrudygiuliani.com/index.php

16. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

:rolleyes: Ummmmm... Not Interested in none of em,. How about more choices?:godisgood:

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aren't you a Democrat?

Aren't you a Democrat? What is your opinion of the unkind words between Obama's people and Hillary and his refusal to apologize?

18. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Nope. Registered Republican, Independent voter. Still Like Ron Paul and Tom Tancredo. Tancredo will probably be slammed a lot because of his policies on illegal immigration (which is the reason I like him). Sadly the candidate with the most money will win, that gives Gullianni a good edge. But sticking to principals is important that is why I like Ron Paul.
    To be quite honest , I don't keep up with Ms. Clinton or Mr. Obama. Ms. Clinton is an excellent debator, I'll give her that , if I was Gullianni I wouldn't want to take her head on in a debate.

#58 Petra-O IX, Feb 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2007
  19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The trouble with the dreams of the minor candidates is that they themselves have no traction within the GOP, which nominates the front-runner, as you know.

Kathryn Lopez, editor of National Review Online, in an article entitled Hey, Rudy, not so fast, printed in the Indianapolis newspaper last Thursday, said,

At a recent Beltway party, a friend who is a devoted social conservative explained, and I paraphrase, "Even if abortion is legal in this messed-up post-Roe country, I can choose to not have an abortion. I can counsel you not to have an abortion. I can even choose not to hook up with anyone in the first place. But I can't kill the jihadists. I need the government to do that."

The war on terror is the reason that conservative Republicans are turning to Rudy--we know that he will fight.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/KathrynJeanLopez/2007/02/17/hey,_rudy,_not_so_fast

www.JoinRudy2008.com

http://www.draftrudygiuliani.com/

20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is the remark that shows the division within the Democrat Party, caused I believe by the fact that they have no electable candidate in either Hillary or Obama. One of Obama's supporters said this in part:

"Not since the Vietnam War has there been this level of disappointment in the behavior of America throughout the world, and I don't think that another incredibly polarizing figure, no matter how smart she is and no matter how ambitious she is — and God knows, is there anybody more ambitious than Hillary Clinton? — can bring the country together," he was quoted as saying.

"Obama is inspirational, and he's not from the Bush royal family or the Clinton royal family," Geffen added.

Geffen was particularly bitter about Sen. Clinton's position on Iraq. "It's not a very big thing to say, ‘I made a mistake' on the war, and typical of Hillary Clinton that she can't.... She's so advised by so many smart advisers who are covering every base. I think that America was better served when the candidates were chosen in smoke-filled rooms."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,253482,00.html

I think that with Rudy a winner in the polls even though he has not announced that he is running, the Democrats are desperate to find a winner but they have no leadership because they all want to cut and run in Iraq in January 2009, a position that is popular in Hollywood but is foolish because it gives advance notice to our enemies that we are considering Iraq lost. Afterall, most of the war is between the people of Iraq and Iran is threatening the interests of the Sunni majority in the Middle East so that we have some support to stay in Iraq to see if the military plan can succeed.

The GOP candidates that want to leave Iraq are in competition for Democrat votes and are engaged in the same Bush bashing as the Democrats. Bush still has the loyalty of a majority of Republicans so Bush-bashing by Republicans rings hollow within the GOP.

www.JoinRudy2008.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.