1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rudy Giuliani's Attacks on Hillary Clinton Hit Home

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

#1 Ps104_33, Oct 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2007
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    By selecting someone like Senator Jim Webb as her running mate Senator Clinton would offset any alleged advantage that Giuliani(other than talk what has he contributed on this issue?) is supposed to have on the "War on Terrorism" issue.

Any Christian who claims to be a political conservative who is willing to vote for Giuliani needs to do some serious soul searching as to whether they really believe in the conservative ideal of limited government.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Webb is a loose cannon and much too hard to control. If Hillary becomes the nominee, I believe Obama will be her first choice as VP.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Giuliani is a "wanna be" Clinton and Hillary is one.

[​IMG]

5. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

I'd rather have Hillary!

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rudy should say that he will support the Reagan platform.

I am not sure that Fred Thompson is as out of it as people say that he is. Rudy is good at politics but he needs to say that he will set aside his own personal views and run on the Reagan platform, including support for a constitutional amendment to end abortion by declaring the unborn child a human being, contrary to the US Supreme Court decision that the unborn child has no God-given right to life.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Giuliani will not do that, but he will lead your party into the November 2008 election.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be interesting to read why you think that Rudy will beat Fred out for the nomination next summer, Ken. Rudy is going to have to make some sort of a compromise with evangelicals in order to win, but I think that it is still very early and that Fred will getting rolling. I know that here in Indiana we have municipal elections in about a month and that we have a property tax crisis to solve because our schools have the power to spend money and just add it to our property tax bills without our ability to stop it.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Giuliani doesn't. For many, many "conservative" evangelicals the "War on Terrorism" trumps their favorite social issues.

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, now I see where you are coming from, Ken! That is true that Rudy supports the war, as does Fred Thompson. It is clear that the Democrats will be running on a peace platform because that side of their party has all the money.

Rudy is skilled at politics. He made a perfectly charming visit to Indy and had lunch at Shapiro's Deli, an old-time Indy Jewish restaurant. He will do very well with big city people because he has the common touch.

However, I am leaning towards Fred, a great actor, a lawyer, and a former Senator. Fred just appears even more at home on the campaign trail.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. And we certainly shouldn't expect "conservative" evangelical Christians to support the idea of peace.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know, Ken, another party already supports your own personal ideas on the war on terror--the Democrats. Everyone wants peace but not at the price that you want to charge, Ken.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I prefer the Libertarian Party, cmg. But thanks for the suggestion anyway. :)

14. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

CMG, I wouldn't hold my breath regarding Thompson. It seems his shine has already started to lose some of its luster.

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, he seems to be off to a slow start. Why do you think that is, Dagwood? The Democrat media is going to nitpick him because it is clear that he could beat Hillary, but then almost anyone could beat her in Indiana where she stirred up a lot of bad feelings with her attempts at socialized medicine because Indy is home to Eli Lilly & Co., the first company in the world to manufacture insulin. What do you think of Fred, Dagwood?

16. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Anyone who claims that:

But, alas the Republican Party is the victim of its own successes. It has solved all of the issues for which it is usually elected, except for immigration.

is SERIOUSLY out of touch with reality. Bush's administration has been almost a total failure.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sadly, you are correct.

18. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

I disagree that is is very important. If fact, I would much rather see Clinton rather than Giuliani as president.

19. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

How in the world did that happen????? With that kind of money, you must have the most well educated children, (none of whom are left behind of course) in the nation.

#19 hillclimber1, Oct 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2007
  20. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

I'll never cast my vote for someone who supports abortion. If no one is on the ballot who opposes abortion, I would not vote. Luckily, as long as the Constitution Party is around, there will always be a vote that I can live with between me and my God.