1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rules For Posting About Calvinism?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DrJamesAch, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

So just so we Non Calvinists that "hate the sovereignty of God" are clear, it would be nice if the administrators here can tell us what we can and can not post about Calvinism. Or is that a violation of the rules to even ask that?

I had a post closed down about Romans 8:7 and it was closed without any explanation. Then a Calvinist opens one with the exact same title, and it remains. So am I allowed to post on THAT one since it was started by a Calvinist?

Also, is this a Calvinist forum in which that ideology is specifically spelled out on the forum somewhere? I belong to another forum where it is mostly Non Calvinist but the board rules are clear about what we believe and what version we use, so you know ahead of time if a particular topic is off limits. But on this board, it seems the Calvinists are permitted to disparage the Non Calvinists with impunity, and then complain that the Non Calvinists are the aggressors when we defend what we believe.

Perfect example of this happening today. A thread I started on the "Other Christian Denomination" that addressed the false prophecies of 7th Day Adventist, Ellen G. White, was derailed (Post #6) by a poster who has done the same thing to several of my threads.

So I would like a clear explanation as to just what threads we are and are not allowed to post on, and just how far we are allowed to go in defending the Non Calvinist position before it gets closed or comments snipped.

Also on some of the pejorative language that occurs, if a poster tells me to go kill myself, am I permitted to point out that is wrong without being accused of initiating or causing dissension?

Some of the rules that some of us have been infracted for, and for which our comments have been snipped don't really see where in the rules how some of these actions were applied and why, so assuming that this is not solely a Calvinist forum (and I guess I could be wrong, but don't see that in the rules), we Non Calvinists would like some clear guidelines as to what we can and can not post on the subject of Calvinism.

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Incorrect! I did not open up a post "with the exact same title." Look at your title and look at mine - they are not "exact"!

Your title deals with a SPECIFIC subject of "calvinism" whereas my title deals with an entirely different SPECIFIC subject "mind set".

3. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Semantics. The fact that you quoted my name on the thread shows it is merely an extension of the exact same subject that was closed when I was the author.

Also, if you're going to post my emails on threads, then tell the truth. I didn't say I "taught Greek", I said I took Greek 7 years officially and STUDIED it for 20 years. And you know exactly what I said about that verse because you specifically said in your thread that I was accusing you of putting tenses on the nouns, so you knew exactly what I said, that you were putting tenses on words that violate the rules of Greek grammar, and you clearly admitted to that in your initial post, and then said something entirely different in your response to Greektim. I can see I need to start screen-shotting email conversations.

#3 DrJamesAch, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
  4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You are the one that chose the word "exact same title" when in fact that is false. It is not a matter of "semnatics" or do you understand the meaning of "semnatics"??? The words "exact same" mean WITHOUT DIFFERENCE in title and that is simply false. If you had said "similar" titles and I pointed out the dissimilarites then you call that "semnatics" but not when you say "EXACT SAME."

No, your subject was broadly about Romans 8:7 and "Calvinism" whereas my subject was specifically about the words "carnal mind" in Romans 8:7-8 and how it applied to the unregenerate man. I quoted only your words where it fit this subject.

5. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

So what you're saying is just chalk it up to coincidence that you just happened to start a thread about Romans 8:7 right after mine was closed, and the OP even had my name on it as an example of why you were posting said thread, but would have us believe it is a totally separate issue and has nothing to do with the one I started? OK:thumbs:

Now I'd like to hear from some mods and administrators about my original post so I know what posts I can and can't post on.

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DJA: PM mods instead of continually posting these kinds of complaint threads which will be closed in short order.

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

No, that is not what I am saying. My thread was purposedly designed to carry on a specific point that was found in your general thread but it was equally designed to be far more limited than your thread.

8. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

I'm posting it out in the open because it's a concern that DOZENS of us have, and some simply don't want to send any PMs to the mods for fear of reprisal. Since a couple in particular already think I hate God, I don't mind putting my neck on the chopping block so at least someone else can get some answers.

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

No James, I do not think you consciously or purposely hate God. I would say that your doctrines are opposed to God's Word. I am trying to be honest and charitable from my perspective and I hope you take it that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.