1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rules of engagement

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Onlybygrace, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onlybygrace

Onlybygrace New Member

Dear friends, as of late i have noticed an increase in the tendency for a good healthy debate to go pear shaped when members start to take things personally and then in turn get personal with others. Before long the entire discussion degenerates into insults and name calling and the debate and valuable truth it highlights is overshadowed and eventually lost. May i appeal to all members to exercise 3 things:
    1. Maturity-a tit for tat approach does nothing to engender respect or strengthen your position.
    2. Self control-it is not necessary to react emotionally to every jibe or sarcastic quip
    3. Grace-lets extend to each other the respect and patience we require even if it is neither offered nor reciprocated.

FIGHT BY ALL MEANS BUT FIGHT FAIR!
    PHP:

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

OBG----BaptistBoard rules are posted and must be acknowledged upon joing in forum debate

I will allow your post to remain---in hopes that the ones who read will be reminded of fellow poster's desire in debate!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.