1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rush Limbaugh actually physically mocks Parkinson's patients

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Oct 26, 2006.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Rush Limbaugh has NO moral authority to comment on anyone's lifestyle.

2. North Carolina Tentmaker

Of course not that is just my point. Rush is critical of Fox's politics. He is critical of the misrepresentation of the Fox add. He is critical of a campaign add that is not factual. He gives Fox the benefit of the doubt and says he may not even know the facts.

What Rush does not do is critize Fox for being sick or using his sickness to advance his political ideas.

Of course not, neither do any of us. That does not stop any other member of the media. But in this case of course Rush's comments have nothing to do with anyone's lifestyle.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that anything Rush says about someones lifestyle is incorrect?

Yes, I was very disappointed in some of the short failings in his life. Yet, that does not change the truth. IF Fox did indeed under medicate, there should have been a disclaimer. NONE was given. (at least Katy C gave a disclaimer )

On the commercial Fox said "they are against stem cell research" That is incorrect! They are against embryonic stem cell research. There IS a big difference. Fox intentionally mislead the viewing public!

As a candidate myself, I want to make my positron very clear. I will not mislead a potential voter.

Salty

4. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

While "they" may be aginst embryonic stem cell research, it is only government funding that is being withheld. Why not press corporate America to find their own research departments? They would -- if there was sufficient evidence they would receive a return on their investment. If they were close enough to see money coming in from their results.

Adult stem cell and umbilical stem cell research offer strong potential, without the controversy.

5. kwick64

kwick64 New Member

I listened to Rush's initial remarks, and watched the original video version on the ditto cam ( not the speeded up, doctored version on cable tv and kooky left wing sites like crooks and liars), and Rush in no way mocked Michael J. Fox or those who suffer Parkinson's disease. He originally stated that either fox's movements were exagerratred for effect, or he had not taken his medicine for effect ( which he admitted he did prior to Senate Testimony), but also stated he did not fault Fox for wanting to show the ravages of the disease.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Wave the flag and sing "God Bless America." Just what we need, a politician who is honest and admires Rush. Well, good luck in New York.

7. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

If those movements that Limbaugh was making was not mocking, what would you call it?
    What else could it be called?

8. kwick64

kwick64 New Member

He was demonstrating to those who have access to the ditto-cam the motions that Fox was making in the ad. Most who were watching the Rush show last Monday had yet to see the Fox ad. Moreover, if you have ever watched Rush on the ditto-cam you would understand that many times he is very animated when discussing various issues. When Rush first lost his hearing, and then after he admitted his addiction to prescription pain killers, the mocking by many on the left was as venomous and cruel as I've ever witnessed in the political arena.

9. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

In order to demonstrate Rush had to imitate. It wasn't a very good imitation and it wasn't necessary either.
    The Ditto cam was his worst enemy on that day.

10. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Good justification! Now, try coming back to reality. Rush was making fun of Fox and you know it. To say otherwise is to border on lying.

11. North Carolina Tentmaker

Rush was not making fun of anyone. To use the sped up images of the dittocam to justify your accusation is what borders on a lie. Remember this, it is a radio show, not TV. Most listeners do not watch the video which is not even available all the time. Listen to the words.

12. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Rush's flailing around (while asserting Fox is faking) isn't better in slo-mo or real time.

13. kwick64

kwick64 New Member

I watched the show last Monday when originally aired, Rush was not making fun of Fox. Only the spinmeister's of the intellectually dishonest left could or would reach such a conclusion.

14. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Right, cause Rush waving his arms saying Fox is faking was done with the utmost respect.

15. greg

greg New Member

SARCASM ON
    Could someone please point me to the bible verse in which being overweight is a sin? I'm in trouble if this is so. I'm going to have to stop eating all together. I'm certainly not a glutton. Just have a slow metabolism. Should I ask for forgiveness for my slow metabolism?
    /SARCASM OFF

Rom 3:10 as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one;
    Joh 8:7 But when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Throw them stones ASLANSPAL

#55 greg, Oct 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2006
  16. Terry_Herrington

You and the tentmaker are both wrong. Your just too much of a dittohead to admit the truth about your guru.

17. kwick64

kwick64 New Member

Rush did not say once that Fox was faking.

18. Daisy

Daisy New Member

His exact words were, "It's purely an act."

19. Terry_Herrington

All right dittohead. Rush did not use the word "faking" but he did use the word "acting" didn't he? Then when you factor in the mock shaking Rush did on the dittocam, it is pretty obvious that Rush was making fun of Fox's condition.

20. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Rush stated that Fox was either off his meds or acting. Turns out he was off his meds by overdosing for the effect.