1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rush Limbaugh at His Satirical Best

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Feb 1, 2008.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_013008/content/01125106.guest.html

RUSH: No, no, no, no. No. Thank you. Thank you. Ladies and gentlemen, to all of those gathered here -- my loyal staff, my enthusiastic supporters, those of you who spread the word to every neighborhood, every precinct -- thank you. Thank you so much for all of your tireless hard work. We all work tirelessly, even I. I personally travel from my home to my studio, and back -- and I travel from my Florida studio to my New York studio. But, alas, we did not win. Now, I know that there are reports of campaign irregularities, but I want to point out to all of you: this is no time to quit. This is no time to feel down. This is no time to feel defeated. (wild applause and cheers) Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. The same media... (boos) The same media that could not call New Hampshire right still... (boos) Ladies and gentlemen, please. The same media that couldn't call New Hampshire right still shamelessly in the prediction game, is predicting my demise and your demise. (boos) But I say, "Bah!" The same media that's losing circulation and readers and viewers and respect (applause) is predicting my demise.

AUDIENCE: Rush! Rush! Rush! Rush!

RUSH: Thank you. Thank you.

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

You've got to admit it, the man has talent.:laugh:

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The man does have talent. I am just wondering, since he dislikes McCain, and despises Clinton, how will be treat the general election once the nominess are chosen. Anyone think he will just remain quiet? It would do no good to bash both sides.

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Do you think that it might be time for a third party candidate if McCain/Clinton or Obama are our only choice? As things are starting to wash out, it seems that the Dems are going to have a Clinton/Obama, Obama/Clinton ticket. This is the only way that the Dems can sew up the rift in their party.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I can't see him being quiet.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I never figured out who he wanted before everyone dropped out.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's a lot like some of us.

He doesn't really want any of them.

8. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    HEAR, HEAR!!!!!!

9. MrJim

MrJim New Member

He wanted Romney or Guiliani. It has been interesting listening to him try to walk carefully amongst the base trying to convince that a fiscal conservative is more valuable as president than a social conservative. After all these years he's trying to say it's better to have a pro-choice tax cutter than a pro-life tax raiser as president.

10. poodle78

poodle78 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My parents wanted/voted for Fred Thompson.

I did my research and voted for Duncan Hunter.

My wife voted for Mike Huckabee.

I have heard that when two Democrats run against each other (in this case McCain and his opponent), the Democrat will always win.

11. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

I LOVE it!! :thumbs: