1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rush Limbaughs damaged mind the evidence is in?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Aug 18, 2005.

1. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Limbaugh received between March 2003 and September 2003, when pharmacy records show Limbaugh picked up 1,733 hydrocodone pills, 90 OxyContin pills, 50 Xanax tablets and 40 pills of time-release morphine.

This massive ingestion of high narcotic opiates
    does not leave the brain in a healthy state.imho

btw Hydrocodone better known as Vicodin

<a href="http://www.drugs.com/hydrocodone.html" target="_blank">myriad
    side effects</a>

Psychological symptoms: anxiety** (including panic attacks), depression**, insomnia*, derealization/depersonalization* (feelings of unreality/detachment from self), abnormal sensitivity sensory stimuli* (such as loud noise or bright light), obsessive negative thoughts*, (particularly of a violent and/or sexual nature) rapid mood changes* (including especially outbursts of anger or rage), phobias* (especially agoraphobia and fear of insanity), dysphoria* (loss of capacity to enjoy life; possibility a combination of depression, anxiety, and derealization/depersonalization), impairment of cognitive functioning*, suicidal thoughts*, nightmares, hallucinations, psychosis, pill cravings.

Xanax is one drug that will make you crazy as
    a loon as well.

What has become clinically apparent with Xanax which appears to be somewhat different than the other benzodiazepines is that the patients ability to self-detox or be able to be gradually tapered off of the medication is markedly more difficult. Thusly, once the physiologic dependence has occurred with Xanax, the ability of the patient to discontinue use successfully on their own is quite low, and medical assistance becomes of significant necessity in the majority of cases.

I have doubts he has really kicked anything and
    he took a trip to Afghanistan...which is pretty
    much an open pharmacy.

imho
    Aslanspal

2. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

All Prescription Meds have side effects on certain people and on others the effects are not as great.

It is obvious that Rush has not been affected since he still can out debate liberals with his brain tied behind his back.

Is he still on the drugs?

Doubtful since he is a disciplined person has overcome this problem with professional help and his own fortitude.

Amazing how much the Left really fears Rush and even envies him!!!!

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The ASP strikes again! :D

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

To suggest that Rush went to Afghanistan for narcotics is asine. What a crazy consipricy. Thats about the only thing the left can do to try to stop him.

5. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

1,733 Hydrocodone???????

And he's not dead???????

I can take one and it knocks me out for hours!

Hardsheller, I think you give Rush too much credit. If he was really all that disciplined, he would not have gotten hooked on the drugs in the first place.

I hope he has kicked the habit, but I don't know for sure.

Frankly, I think people have let him off rather light. If this was Al Franken, then Rush's supporters would be shouting "crucify him!"

Let me ask, what is the difference between being addicted to heroine and being addicted to all of these other drugs? Why should the average druggie on the street be treated more harshly than Rush has been?

6. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

They're not.

They're given a slap on the wrist for a first offense and sent back out on the street.

Rush has had thousands, perhaps millions of dollars spent by prosecutors trying to crucify him and it's just his first offense.

7. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I beg to differ, Hardsheller.

Most drug offenders, even first offenders, who are not well off do not get a slap on the wrist.

My cousin's first offense cost him 4 years of his life in the Texas prison system. His ex-wife has just received 2 years for a first offense.

If Rush was not a talk show host, and not wealthy, then I would venture to say that he also would not get just a slap on the wrist.

8. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

A_pal

What is the source of your data? The records are sealed. Or did you get them from some dreamworld?
    :eek: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He surely has been right a lot about the liberal agenda for someone who was functioning in a drug induced state of euphoria.
    ;)

10. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

First offense for what?

Dealing?
    Meth?
    Heroine?
    Crack?
    Cocaine?
    Prescription Drugs?

Most first offenders get off with a slap on the wrist.

You'll have to explain this one a little more...This cousin have a history with the law in other areas?

I find it hard to believe that a first offender gets hard time in prison for mere possession.

11. billwald

billwald New Member

Point should be that the controlled substances have not changed his ability to earn income nor have induced any antisocial behavour.

12. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Hardsheller, depends on the local laws mostly but I suspect you knew that.

Most possessions I know of are third time is the charm kind of thing.

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Are you naturally slow, or did you simply wait for two years on purpose?

In 2003, Limbaugh came to grips with the fact that he had developed an addiction to pain killers after receiving some for medical treatment. He sought professional help for it, received treatment, and overcame it promptly.

14. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Nope You're wrong JohnV - In Alanspal's world Rush will be a doper for life. There is no such thing as forgiveness in the eyes of a liberal.

15. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

carpro

Add [as if] and it sounds like you are describing a liberal.

16. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Laws vary from state to state, with New York among the most draconian. People have gotten 25 years mandatory for a first time offense. Part of the justification of the extreme sentences is to induce plea-bargains. If the low-level offender turns in his dealer he gets a reduced charge and a vastly reduced sentence (community service). Then the dealer is supposed to turn in his supplier and so on.

The catch is if a defendent is innocent, but is found guilty - the judge has no leeway in sentencing.

There is a town in Texas which became famous for falsely convicting nearly a ten percent of its black population all on the say so of a bad officer. One of the guys received 434 years for dealing - he was convicted as a first time felony offender, but he was actually innocent.

One of the worst parts is that the people who saw the harsh sentences and decided to plea-bargain - which meant pleading guilty - got screwed because while the false convictions got overturned, the false pleas did not. However, the rest got a governor's pardon in 2003.