1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Russian intelligence sees U.S. military buildup on Iran border

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Rufus_1611, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Russian intelligence sees U.S. military buildup on Iran border

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Bush get us into another war. I sure hope I'm wrong about this.

3. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

With Iran behaving the way it has over the last several months, and with the recent kidnapping of the 15 British servicemen, it stands to reason that preparations would be made "just in case".

I sure hope nothing happens, other than the prep work, and I hope that we would move away from our Iraq work before any fighting was to start with Iran.

4. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

And it could just be that our gov thinks that much of the trouble in Iraq is actually initiating in Iran and they are tryng to put a stop to it. Ya'll don't read the news? ;) That there trouble in Iraq isn't a civil war, it's all those folk in Iran, Syria and ______(you get to fill in the blank) that are coming in stirring up trouble. (this view of course depends on which news channel and what day of the week it is)

In all seriousness, Iran is asking for trouble. If Bush had left Iraq alone, he could have had my support for rolling over Iran. As it is, it is probably a good thing that Iran is picking on Britian instead of us. Our forces are stretched thin enough as it.

5. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I think the blank was Venezuela...

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Iran, unlike Iraq, is a real danger to it's neighbors (etc). It's recent act of piracy (kidnapping 15 sailors who were in Iraqi waters) is nothing shy of an act of war. Countries like Iran should not be allowed to get away with acts of war simply because the Bush administration messed up on Iraq. I still hope the sailors will be released soon but each day that passes it seems like Iran is determined to drag this out. The reason Iran is doing all of this is because Bush has made America look weak in Iraq.

7. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Actually, Martin, I wonder the opposite. Why did they pick on Britain instead of the US? Is it because they sense more weakening from the British because Blair has waffled, rather than the Americans where Bush has remained steadfast in spite of opposition?

Why didn't Iran capture US soldiers? This was no accident. I wonder if they know that capturing US soldiers like this would raise the ire of the US and turn attention from the intramural fights and unite the US in a way that Iran doesn't want.

8. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

I'm with you Pastor Larry. Iran's president wants to stir the pot, but not get it to boiling over. I would hope a US response to the blatant kidnapping of solders would be a little more to the point than Britian's has been (spear point? Gun point? Missles pointed at a certain nuclear facility that has been bugging the world? The last one works for me.)