1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rwanda Missions

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Dr. Bob, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My daughter-in-law (RN) returned from 17 days in Rwanda. Heart broken over the AIDs and orphans. Her team used bush churches to set up blood-testing clinics for diseases.

This morning (June 28) my son left for Rwanda leading a team of teens to minister to Youth - orphans mostly, and church teens and youth leaders.

It is a JOY indescribable to see my family serving God in ways I cannot serve. And to be part of a local church that focuses on Missions and spends a huge part of its budget on 3rd world work for God.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Terrific! I spent time in Zimbabwe a few years ago, it is heart breaking. You must be proud of the children you both raised and the people they married!

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

It's wonderful to learn of the things God can and will do for us and our "Godly Seed"!!

We have a couple young ladies currently serving in Uganda and Zimbabwe on similar missions.

The "hands and feet" of Jesus in action!

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow!

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

It is a blessing to hear such stories!

5. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN) New Member

Heart for Africa

I went to Ghana, Africa last summer. My heart was so broken for these precious people. We spent nearly three weeks teaching in the schools, running church services, holding open air meetings, going door to door witnessing, and so many other things. It was an amazing life-changing experience.

Something I'll always remember is when we went to the poor jungle churches, and the pastor would look out on his congregation and say, "God is good all the time." To which they would fervently reply, "All the time God is good."

We were able to lead several people to the Lord including two muslims. It is always good to hear that there are people who are willing to go to Africa. God Bless!!

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Son and group returned at midnight and we all rejoice in what God did thru him for the youth of Rwanda.

And what God did to the hearts of the teens he took - perhaps the burden of God for 3rd world missions will grow in their hearts.