1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

S. Carolina and Oklahoma ... DID YOU FEEL IT???

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Feb 15, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually according to the latest siesmo report, there have been a rash of quakes in Oklahoma
    "3.1, 2.6, 3.3, and 4.1" on 2/13 and 2/14 ... then one in New York "2.9" ... N. Carolina "2.9" ... S. Carolina "4.1" (and that is a good size shaker!

For up to date EQ reports, SEE: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyfi/

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was upstairs (split level house) when I heard this loud noise and immediately felt the house tremble.
    First thought was a VERY BIG low flying 'copter, and what I felt was the down wash from the rotors. Didn't register til later that if he had been THAT low, the engine noise would have been probably 100 times the volume I heard.
    Even leading up to, and subsequently, it seemed I could hear the rotors as he sped off into the "sunset", so I thought no more about it.
    Soon's I came downstairs later my wife was commenting on all the facebook input, & was only then that I was aware that it was truly an earthquake.

Been there, done that, & have no interest in a repeat performance.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Over the last two years there has been a lot of activity between the Missouri boot heel and southeastern Colorado. Pretty unusual stuff for Oklahoma, Texas and Colorado, but not for the area around the New Madrid fault -- that's the fault under southeast Missouri, eastern Arkansas and western Kentucky and Tennessee. Have to wonder if that is a precursor to another historic slippage along the New Madrid, and the other activity is a response to the subterranean shifting going on around it.