1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sabbath "Remains" for the People of God Heb 4

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jul 10, 2005.

1. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

Sounds like God was pretty clear about sabbath, why so much discussion now? Maybe people want to debate it long enough so it will go away? Perhaps?

2. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
    Matt 12:8

Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath. Mark 2:28

And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath. Luke 6:5

Is this enough proof that we are to keep sabbath.

By the way, the commandment "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain" is not mentioned in the NT, can I do that??

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, it isn't. I don't see any NT command to keep the Sabbath. You have failed in quoting any verse that commands us to do that.
    In fact you have done the opposite. You have strengthened my case.

The Son of man is the Lord of the Sabbath. His meaning is that he is not the slave of the Sabbath, not bound to all the laws of the Sabbath. He was teaaching the Pharisees that they had gone overboard with the Torah, and also the Talmud, and had put restrictions on the Sabbath day that were never intended to be there. He was the Lord of the Sabbath, and not bound by it, and neither were his disciples, and neither are any other Christians. We are children of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, who is Lord of the Sabbath, and is not bound to it, like the Jews were to some extent. The disciple could eat of the cornfield without condemnation. Jesus healed on the Sabbath. Jesus did as he pleased on the Sabbath. He was Lord of the Sabbath, not slave to the Sabbath.
    DHK

4. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

You have proven that you know very little about the sabbath. I wonder why God said to REMEMBER sabbath and keep it holy. Maybe 'cause the church has forgotten it. There is no NT commandment to not use Gods name in vain, I guess you advocate that?

If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

I guess God was just kiddin' when He said that.

May I ask, why would you not want to be obedient to His Words? Also why would you encourage others to be disobedient??

Thought provoking isnt it.....

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Actually God says a lot about taking his name in vain in the sermon on the mount if you would like to study it out.
    But that is not the subject is it?
    The Sabbath was a sign given specifically to the Jewish nation, and only to the Jewish nation, as a sign of a covenant between Israel and Jehovah.
    You can read about it in Exodus 31

Exodus 31:12-18 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

BTW, of what tribe do you originate?
    DHK

6. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal 3:29

Sounds like all those who are redeemed are the Children of Israel.

Do you know what the word forever means there in Exodus??? It means ..... FOREVER.

You still didnt answer why you would not want to obey the very words of God or why you would encourage others to do so.

Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Wonder why He said that.

As for my tribe, I decend from the tribe of Levi as best as we can tell.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The Sabbath was a sign of the covenant made to the physical nation of Israel--the twelve tribes, not toe spiritual seed of Abraham. Jehovah was speaking to Moses at the time. I will ask again: What tribe do you belong to? If you can't answer, the Sabbath was not given to you. It was given to the 12 tribes of Israel FOREVER, but never to you. You are a gentile, not an Israelite.
    DHK

8. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

Are you having trouble with english, I said LEVI.

You should check out the word seed used there in Galations, its the word spermata, we get the word sperm from it. How spiritual does that sound? Not very spiritual here. Sabbath was given to all of His people. I also notice you still havent responded to any of the questions I asked.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What would make you think that you come from the tribe of Levi? Are you a converted Jew?
    If so, you must choose between Judaism and Christianity. You can't have both. When a Muslim converts to Christianity he doesn't remain a Muslim. He forsakes Islam and becomes a Christian. Friday no longer remains his holy day. Allah no longer remains his God and Mohammed is a wicked man. Judaism is a false religion that leads people away from God. The truth is found in Jesus Christ alone. He was the fulfillment of the law.

Study the Book of Hebrews. They were given a choice: if they were to truly embrace Christ and Christianity they had to let go of Judaism and forsake it completely. There was no turning back.
    It would be impossible to renew them again to repentance, for they would be crucifying the Son of God afresh.
    You can't have both. You can't have Judaism and Christianity. It is either one or the other.
    DHK

10. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

I am a Bond Servant of the Messiah Yeshua. I have forsaken the un-godly church system you are in. I worship the true creator while you bow atthe feet of paganism. My family lineage is from Levi. I have chosen the Messiah, you should do that as well. You can dismiss the very words of God Himself, but you will stand before Him and answer for it, not I.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I will answer your post more fully later.
    However:
    Putting yourself in the place of God:

1. You accuse me of bowing at the feet of paganism, in effect telling me I am not saved.

2. You accuse me of being in an un-Godly church system--false.

3. You state that you have chosen the Messiah, and state that I should do the same, accusing me of not worshipping neither Christ, nor Yeshua (Jesus). To you I am an unsaved pagan.

4. You accuse me of dismissing the words of God--false.

5. You give me a stern warning of standing before God and answering to God for these slanderous accusations of which you have charged me.

You know nothing of me; nothing of my church; nothing of my background.
    Your post is obnoxious, arrogant, and against the BB rules. Take heed to what you post. This is a warning.
    DHK

12. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

Perhaps I was a bit harsh, if so, I apologize. I will not back down however. You need to understand that you are playing a very dangerous game. You need to be very careful.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Judaism is a false religion. They rejected the Messiah whom true Christianity, evidenced in Bible believing churches every where, have received. To embrace Judaism is to embrace a false religion and a false God. You cannot serve two masters. You cannot serve Allah and Christ. You cannot serve the God of Judaism and Christ. You can only serve one God. Jesus Christ is that God. He said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes unto the Father but by me." Did he lie?
    DHK

14. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

No He did not, I never said He did. I do not practice Judaism, you should really study more. I am not seving 2 masters, I serve the One True Master. Let me introduce you to Him, He loved us enough to die for our sins and He loved us enough to lay out commandments for us to live our lives. It is truly wonderful when you decide to submit to Him and be obedient to His words, your lie would be much more peaceful.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Again you are being judgemental without evidence. What evidence do you have that I have not submitted myself to Christ? Why the arogance? You act as God as if you know the heart of all men?

Just what lie am I promoting that you keep referring to?

Again, this is the second warning. You are treading dangerously close with such unwarranted slander and unfounded accusations which are against BB rules.
    DHK

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I think it's clear that observance of the Sabbath was not abolished with Jesus' coming. The 10 COmmandments are still in force today.

However, HOW the Sabbath is observed is up to each person, without being open to scrutiny of others. Paul says very clearly that no one is to judge you by how you observe the Sabbath, and to let each person be convinced in his own mind.

BTW, the main intent of the "Keep the Sabbath Holy" commandment was on a person resting from work. If I choose to take the day and go sailing, I'm observing the Sabbath. I'm in compliance and faithfulness so long as I rest one day in seven. How I rest is completely up to me, so long as I truly rest.

17. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

Perhaps, we should not speak again DHK, you apparently have tremendous hatred towards me so I will ignore your responses from now on. I am dusting my feet of you as of now.

18. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

I didnt judge anyone concerning how they kept sabbath, just that they keep it.

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Then, you will agree that if I decide to observe the Sabbath on a Wednesday, and take that day off and go to Disneyland, then I'm observing the Sabbath.

20. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

No I do not agree, you must observe what God said, when God said. You dont get to decide how to worship Him, He has already determineed how that works. Obedience means you OBEY. Not a difficult concept.