1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sabbath "Remains" for the People of God Heb 4

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jul 10, 2005.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't have any hatred against you. I made a post and you came out blasting that I was a pagan, in an ungodly church system, worshiping a false god. What was the purpose of that?
    DHK

2. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

Once again, I have chosen to ignore you. You will answer for your hatred, may the LORD have mercy on you.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You need to answer for you own accusations:

4. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it. But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them; I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, [and that] ye shall not prolong [your] days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it. I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, [and] that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he [is] thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them. Deut 30:16-20

Enough said

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The Sabbath is not primarily about worship. It is about rest:

"Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to The Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days The Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but He rested on the seventh day. Therefore The Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."

So again, knowing that the Sabbath Day was designed primarily as a day of rest, and, knowing that you have already said that you're not telling us how to rest (nor does God, with the exception of refraining from work), then if I want to rest by going to Disneyland, or by going sailing, I'm keeping the Sabbath, because I'm refraining from work.

6. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

You should really study more. It would help you immensley. I detect tremendous anger and hatred towards those who advocate being obedient, wonder why that is??

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Again I ask you what lie did I tell?
    I never once referred to this passage. If I did, prove that I did.

In reference to this passage, it says:
    "ye shall not prolong [your] days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it."

Tell me: When do you plan to pass over the literal River Jordan, and are you yourslf going to possess this land. Do you have an army? Are you going to displace the Jews that are already there? The Muslims as well? Do you have your battle plans drawn up? How do you expect to accomplish all of this?

Scripture must be taken in its context.
    DHK

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Perhaps the "hatred" is coming out in the frustration of the one who has no answers in the questions that are being posed to him???

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Perhaps you could show me some scripture to support your claim. I provided scripture which CLEARLY AND PLAINLY addresses my claim.

The only hatred I detect here is from you, since you're the one making pharasaical judgements calling people "lawbreakers", without sufficient scriptural support.

I will do what God tells me to do. He says to rest own day in seven. I rest two days in seven. One of those days, I spend an hour or two at church, worshipping and fellowshipping. The other day, I usually spend in liesure activity making sure to refrain from work.

10. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it. But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them; I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, [and that] ye shall not prolong [your] days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it. I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, [and] that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he [is] thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them. Deut 30:16-20

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That verse is a great verse. However, it does not support you claim that my mode of keeping the Sabbath is scripturally wrong. In fact, that verse doesn't address the Sabbath at all.

12. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

Umm, the false teaching was circumcision.

Titus 1:10-16

That was posted by petrl.

Perhaps the "hatred" is coming out in the frustration of the one who has no answers in the questions that are being posed to him???

Are you talking to yourself now????

I am a pharisee now because I advocate obeying God, I guess if thats your definition of pharisee, the I will gladly take it

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Matthew 22:36-40 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
    37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    38 This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it,
    39 Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Jesus spoke of his commandments. He summarized it in these two commandments. That makes what you have posted irrelevant.
    DHK

14. Petrel

Petrel New Member

Ehh? Why are you talking about me over here?

15. Johnv

Johnv New Member

???? Ummm, the topic is the Sabbath. Wake up, stay with it.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Now the false teaching that I am accused of is circumcision. Please show me where I mentioned that. You had better start quoting me, as I have above. If your going to accuse me, I want to know where. Otherwise it is slander. Anywhere else you would be found wanting in court. Is that understood?
    DHK

17. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

Sorry Petrel, its hard to keep up with all the anger towards me. Jesus was QUOTING from the LAW when HE said that. The Law is all about Love, you should really study it more.

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It is indeed right to have anger towards false accusers. That would be you.

19. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

I can so feel the baptist love, I wonder if Jesus would have such anger?

20. Petrel

Petrel New Member

I'm not mad, just perplexed. :D