1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sabbath

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jun 29, 2013.

1. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

I don't speak English as a first language, but I can read and write it and speak it very well. When I pray, or read at home, I do so IN HEBREW. I am not arguing for HEBREW, I'm arguing for the correct TRANSLATION IN ENGLISH. Unless you have the gift of tongues that exceeds the cessation of its use after Revelation, how would you witness to a Russian or a Chinese when "Yeshua" does not mean the same thing in Russian or Chinese? Is God saving only ENGLISH and HEBREW speaking people?

And your explanation is based on speculation. "Yeshua SOUNDS LIKE Joshua" So in other words, your translation is correct IF IT SOUNDS "CLOSE ENOUGH". So you make a big deal out of the translation of the name, but then rest your eternal soul on it sounding "CLOSE ENOUGH"???? Does God settle for "CLOSE ENOUGH"?

Your reasoning here is ridiculous and blasphemous. But if salvation is based on proper pronunciation in Hebrew, I guarantee I get to heaven before you do.

Furthermore, on other threads you said His name was Michael. "Michael" sounds nothing like "Yeshua". Plus you are still ignoring Isaiah 7:14 where it says His name shall be called IMMANUEL.

#81 DrJamesAch, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
  2. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

And if the name Jesus is as demeaning as HW claims, then all who have called on Him are doomed.

The only demeaning being done to Jesus' name on these threads is by HW.

3. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

I made an index of all of his articles on my website http://dorightchristians.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/will-kinney-kjv-index/ And guess what, he's a die-hard Calvinist! He and I have been friends for quite some time and get along great. Ironically, us Non Calvies get accused of "hating" Calvies, and I sponsor them on my website. All of my counseling material for my Masters was also based on Jay Adams' books (also a Calvinist) LOL

#83 DrJamesAch, Jun 29, 2013
  4. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

His Witness sounds like This Witless so can we safely assume that based on the similarity that you have no brain? :)

You would not have made a good Masoretic translator because they feared pronouncing the name wrong. Show me any where in the Bible where it says to call on a name that SOUNDS CLOSE ENOUGH to the original. You are condemning yourself with your own reasoning here.

#84 DrJamesAch, Jun 29, 2013
  5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

why do we need a English translation when the Hebrew word Yeshua is perfectly fine ?????????????????

It goes deeper than you know friend deeper than you know !!!

I NEVER said that his name was Michael--I always concluded IF or COULD IT HAD BEEN ????

the angel told mary his name shall be called Yeshua

6. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Bless you friend and thank you for the comment :thumbs::thumbs:

7. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

All I have done is said that the Son of Yah was named Yeshua by the father

:1_grouphug::1_grouphug::1_grouphug:

8. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you all fail to see that evil men has gotten their hands on the original texts and down through the centuries have aligned names and words according to their agenda .\

what we have before us today is through many centuries of translations from the originals by UN-INSPIRED MEN.

The ONLY Yah INSPIRED was the original texts that he guided His Men in writing WITHOUT error.

Im not saying that ALL the translators got everything wrong--but they are ERRORS in our translations today !!!

9. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

What we have today is God's inspired, inerrant, infallible and PRESERVED Word in the English language. Tell me, HW, does the Bible contain God's Word, or IS the Bible God's Word?

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The same God that perfectly inspired the Scriptures has promised to perfectly preserve the Scriptures-not merely its teachings, but its very words. If inspiration was perfect but preservation is only general, the entire matter is moot. To argue for an inspired Bible which no longer exists is vain jangling. The bottom line in this matter is that the same Bible that claims to be perfectly inspired also claims to be perfectly preserved.

Psalms 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Psalms 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Psalms 33:11 The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

Psalms 100:5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Psalms 119:89 LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

Psalms 119:160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It seems that there are about three people who are more interested in arguing about the name of Jesus Christ than His work on the cross.

11. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

And now, there are four.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Sorry about that. I left you out of the original group.

13. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

What we have today is FROM the IN-SPIRED texts----there has been UN-INSPIRED Men who have done the bible wrongly\.

Preserved down to us---yes
    Without translation errors by UN-INSPIRED MEN-NO

For instance when Yeshua told the thief on the cross he would be with him in paradise.

There is a translated error in that---the punctuation mark should not be in that place it is--we think it means that they were both going to paradise that very day.

That's NOT the case---the correct wording is- Surely I say unto thee today,Thou shalt be with me in paradise.

See the difference--yeshua never said that they were gonna be in paradise that very day--but he said I say unto you this day---that you shall be with with in paradise-- not that very day --yeshua was DEAD for 3 days and nights..........................................................................................

14. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

Those are outlandish claims that I will guarantee you are unable to prove.

15. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I don't have to prove it--its already proven :thumbs::thumbs:

16. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

Sorry, but NOTHING you have said thus far in this forum has been proven. The ball is in your court since you are the one making those outlandish claims....proven ONLY in your own mind, but not according to Scriptures.

#96 Fred's Wife, Jun 29, 2013
  17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Yeshua work on the cross delivered Man from the work of the First (Adam)who transgressed and made all sinners and brought DEATH to all.

Yeshua shall make all righteous and make all alive (resurrection from the DEATH).

Yeshua work was wrought by Yah !!!

18. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

If you're going to spell the name, why don't you spell it right? You're writing it backwards :)

19. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

pls spell it for me then :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

20. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

SO you admit you don't know how to spell it, but yet attempting to correct everyone else on something you admit you don't even know how to spell?