1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sad day for KY Baptist Basketball

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by EdSutton, Mar 25, 2008.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

A sads day, indeed for KY Baptist Basketball fans.

Both Georgetown College and Campbellsville University lost last night in the NAIA "Fabulous Four" national semifinals. :tear:

BTW, they are two of the four Baptist BB playing colleges in KY, the others being Cumberlands and Mid-Continent, to my knowledge, for I do not think either Clear Creek or Boyce have teams.

(Why in the world is there not a line of bigger schools' ADs knocking gown the door of 'Happy' Osborne, here, with the number of schools spposedly loooking for a "good" college coach? This guy is winning, over his career, better than 86% or 87% (haven't fone the updated math after this years 35-1 after last night,) of the games he is in and has an NAIA TItle, has lost in the finals another time, been to the Fab Four on a couple of times beyond that. And has never had the first scholarship to hand out!! No coach in the history of colege basketball has had a better percentage - not Rupp, not Pitino, not Coach K, not Wooden, not Knight, not "Big House" Gaines, not anyone! I don't get it! He would be the very first person I would look att, were I an AD!)

Ed

#1 EdSutton, Mar 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Boyce does play among Christian colleges. CCBBC used to have a club level team that played the KY State trooper academy and some others.

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Mea culpa! :tear:

Unfortunately, it appears I allowed myself to be an unwitting victim of some bad info, and I was also lax in checking out the winning percentage of "Happy" Osborn.

"Happy" is not winning any unheard of 86% or 87% of the games he has coached. His winning perdentage is apparently, actually only a measly 84.93% of the games he has coached.

Ed

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Thanks for the info. Apparently Boyce is new at it, this being their second year. I did not know they played intercollegiately, at all.

Ed

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Well, there you go, Ed, there's your answer. He's only winning a miniscule 84.93% instead of 87%. It's that 2.07% that'll get ya every time. :smilewinkgrin:

6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Boyce's basketball program: http://www.boycecollege.com/College_Life/athletics.aspx

Looks like Shawnee Baptist, the IFB church/bible school across town in Louisville also has a team according to Boyce's schedule.

As for Georgetown College, they are usually a permanent fixture in the NAIA race for the basketball champioinship, as well as in soccer.

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

They have a pretty good football program, as well.

Rumor has it that the 'professional' (speaking loosely) Cincinnati Bungles - 'er I mean Bengals, who actually have their Training Camp at Georgetown College, and the Georgetown Tigers teams actually avoid contact with each other, such as in a pre-season game, because of the fears of the coaches.

Apparently, Bill Cronin fears some of his players might be kidnapped and forced to play for the Bengals,

while Marvin Lewis is afraid of getting another loss on his record.

Ed

#7 EdSutton, Mar 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2008