1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saints Praying for Us?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by DeclareHim, Mar 28, 2006.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you can't believe detractors and opponents "because they are against my views" and you can't believe your OWN pro-Catholic sources like Catholic Digest and even your OWN RC historians -- then you filter yourself down to a very narrow slice of "blinders own" yes-men.

NO Catholic authority has labeled Fr Ken Ryan of Catholic Digest "a nay-sayer" in fact they strongly affirm his faithful devotion to the RC institution.

If you have evidence that he was a radical nay-sayer why not "show it" rather than simply slinging mud his way. He is a well known, well respected, highly published RC source (or he was until he died that is). Slinging mud at him "because it is convenient to do so" is not a compelling form of response -- it only shows that you don't like his frank and honest statements published.

Unless you can show that he did this "with evil intent" agains the RCC for which he stood - you simply choose to assault his character rather than face the music.

The RC model us usually to "pretend" that only non-Catholics can see the "gaps" in their story. But when PRO-Catholic sources SHOW those same gaps (unwittingly in most cases) then the RC faithful respond by "denegrading their own".

O what amazing lengths they go to - to stay in step with the dark ages.

In Christ,

Bob

2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is great "Catholic Digest is not a good source" for Catholic views on a given topic.

When "Catholics turn on their own" you know they have something to hide!

BTW - The Catholic Historian Bokenkotter ALSO agrees with Fr Ken Ryan of Catholic Digest on this point.

(Just one more Catholic to "turn against" if you don't like RC sources being too honest).

Check it out --
    http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/28/3758/2.html#000023

In Christ,

Bob [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For those RC members that would run down Ken Ryan's character "sight unseen" - check this reference for a commentary on his work as a pro-Catholic faithful priest. --

http://www.medjugorje.org/books.htm

Here is another site promoting the same compilation of Fr Ken Ryan's work

http://www.via-assisi.org/giftShopProducts.aspx?page=4

Notice their recommendation

4. DanC

DanC New Member

I am not slinging mud nor am I denying that he is faithful to the church. His character is not in question.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am not slinging mud at him either.

I also do not claim that his frank confession about the similarities between paganism and Catholicism is a "doctrinal question" that one could "defer" to a doctrinal document.

The observations he makes are historic and are factual. He does not try to justify "doctrinally" (in all cases) why the RCC is so close to pagan practices.

These Catholic sources (pro-Catholic sources by the way) and well known Catholic Historians are telling us about some very important facts (facts of history and facts of practice) that can not be deferred or confined to a "Doctrinal tome".

We might as well accept the information rather than constantly trying to find a way to ignore what does not please.

In Christ,

Bob

6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Eccl:9:5: For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

If you want to pray to dead people who are in the grave and cant hear you then you are doing not only a futile thing but also doing the biblically condemned practice of spiritualism as well.

"The angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, He hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day." And, again, he quotes the words of Enoch: "Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment upon all." Jude 6, 14, 15. John declares that he "saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: . . . and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books." Revelation 20:12.

But if the dead are already enjoying the bliss of heaven or writhing in the flames of hell, what need of a future judgment? The teachings of God's word on these important points are neither obscure nor contradictory; they may be understood by common minds. But what candid mind can see either wisdom or justice in the current theory? Will the righteous, after the investigation of their cases at the judgment, receive the commendation, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant: . . . enter thou into the joy of thy Lord," when they have been dwelling in His presence, perhaps for long ages? Are the wicked summoned from the place of torment to receive sentence from the Judge of all the earth: "Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire"? Matthew 25:21, 41.

The theory of the immortality of the soul was one of those false doctrines that Rome, borrowing from paganism, incorporated into the religion of Christendom. Martin Luther classed it with the "monstrous fables that form part of the Roman dunghill of decretals."--E. Petavel, The Problem of Immortality, page 255. Commenting on the words of Solomon in Ecclesiastes, that the dead know not anything, the Reformer says: "Another place proving that the dead have no . . . feeling. There is, saith he, no duty, no science, no knowledge, no wisdom there. Solomon judgeth that the dead are asleep, and feel nothing at all. For the dead lie there, accounting neither days nor years, but when they are awaked, they shall seem to have slept scarce one minute."-- Martin Luther, Exposition of Solomon's Booke Called Ecclesiastes, page 152.

Claudia

7. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

THE SPIRITUAL EXERCISES OF IGNATIUS LOYOLA- the Original Jesuit

As Ignatius Loyola matured, he loved to spend many hours studying books about the various dead saints. In fact, he loved to try to find ways to be able to communicate with these dead saints- which of course is Spiritualism! During the years of 1525-1528 he put into writing his new spiritual outlook on life, and called these writings The Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius Loyola.

Because Ignatius was a member of the Illuminati... a Witch, he would do the purification rituals, meditation and fasting just as the witches do, before communicating with Satan and the demons. Only, Ignatius claimed he was doing it in preparation to converse with the "Dead Saints". The Illuminati taught that living a life of purity and service would open their so-called inner senses so that they would obtain spiritual sight or clairvoyance, known as the third eye, become seers, and be able to converse with angels and dead saints. (see Encyclopedia Americana, 1947, pg. 698)

New Agers and Witches, when experiencing "cosmic consciousness" (becoming one with the All) sometimes report weightlessness during this process and levitate off of the ground. In fact, during the big Spiritualism craze of times past, people would claim to levitate furniture off the floor when contacting "the Spirits"! Well, Ignatius Loyola also experienced levitation while practicing his Spiritual Exercises:

"Loyola developed his 'spiritual exercises' to bring one to spiritual perfection. Through systematic meditation, prayer, contemplation, visualization, and illumination, Loyola would go into a trance and ecstasy. He was even seen to levitate off the floor, as have many Jesuits completely under satanic power." -Chick Publications, The Force
    Ignatius Loyola desired to use mysticism to actually encounter "God" or "Christ" in person, says ex-Jesuit Malachi Martin in his book, The Jesuits, pg 155. Martin tells how Ignatius supposedly ascended into the third heaven in an out of body experience to participate in the most hidden secrets of divinity that there are! There, supposedly, Ignatius was introduced to a bodiless spirit, which was "God".

Now just in case you haven't realized this by now, let me spell it out for you! ...all Ignatius Loyola had done was to take the practices of Witchcraft and put a "Christian" cloak over them! These things in reality were about as far from God as you can get, and in fact were just ancient methods used by Witches to contact demons and even Satan himself!

8. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

"He shall honour the God of forces: a god whom his fathers knew not"... he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws Dan:7:25;11:38

THE JESUITS AND THEIR NEW AGE ARMY

The Society of Jesus, the largest Roman Catholic Religious Order, whose members are called "Jesuits", was founded by Ignatius of Loyola. Ignatius was born at Loyola in the Spanish Basque country in 1491. He adopted a military career, and upon being wounded in the leg at the seige of Pampeluna he was obliged to undergo a long convalescence. During this time, he underwent a fantastic "Spiritual Transformation".

Being without the Tales of Chivalry which formed his favorite reading, Ignatius Loyola turned his attention to Religious books, while convalescing. And being that Ignatius was a military man- at this time, he came to the conclusion, while reading the Religious books, that his Church too- needed to have it's own "Army". It was this that prompted Loyola to form the Army of The Society of Jesus for the Roman Catholic Church, otherwise known as the Jesuit Order.

Ignatius and his six friends founded the Jesuit Order in 1534, and it received official Papal sanction in the year 1540. Ignatius became the Jesuit Order's first General.

THE LOS ALUMBRADOS- "The Illuminated Ones"

Well, there is no way to break this news gently to you, and so I will just go ahead and say it. The Founder of the Jesuit Order, Ignatius Loyola, was a Witch! Literally! Ignatius belonged to a Witchcraft Group called THE ILLUMINATI, in his native tongue called "The Los Alumbrados". (See Encyclopedia Brittanica, Vol. 14, 1910, pg. 320)

The ancient name for Babylonian Mysticism (or finding ways to get in touch with "The One", "The All", or Satan) was called "Illuminism". The Babylonians who were initiated into the Mystery Religion were said to be in posession of Illumination or THE INNER LIGHT. Supposedly, this meant they had been ENLIGHTENED or aware of the fact that they were gods. (See Encyclopedia Brittanica, Vol. 14, 1910, pg. 320)

The Western equivalent to this Eastern Mysticism is the Hermeticism or Gnosticism that we have talked about earlier in previous articles. The Gnostics were said to posess the secret knowledge that they were in reality, "Little gods", and that Lucifer was the rightful Ruler of this World! The name Lucifer actually means Morning Star or The Illuminated One. Thus, the various Mystery Religions taught that it is Lucifer (or Satan) who gives us light and shows us that we are God and have no need of repentence, but that we need only realize the "God within" and bring it to it's full potential.

Various Secret Societies throughout the Ages have taught this Babylonian Mysticism, because they knew that these Mysteries were based upon the doctrine of Luciferianism. They were known for centuries as "The Illuminati". Their name was derived from Lucifer's name: "The Illuminated One". And it is nothing more than WITCHCRAFT! Now remember the association we discovered that the Freemasonry also has with The Illuminati; just keep that in mind.

"OH GREAT ILLUMINATI, REVEAL THYSELF TO ME!"

It is interesting to note that when some Witches perform their magic, they first go into a fasting period (go without food), and meditate, to seek "inner purity". This is done in preparation to speak with demons, or with Satan himself:

"At the exact moment when the fasting (for inner purity) has produced it's purpose- that is, inner illumination, a secret, ecstatic sensation of total unity with the Universe (occurs)." -Witchcraft and the Mysteries, pg 77.
    Well now... doesn't THAT sound familiar! ...the same 'ole New Age goal of becoming one with the All, or with the "Universe!" Now you have to keep in mind, we are talking about the illuminism of both the Freemasons and the Jesuits of the Roman Catholic Church. (Also keep in mind that Adam Weishaupt of the Freemason's Illuminati was a Jesuit himself)

After preparing themselves in this way, to speak with the demons or with Satan, the Witch will stand inside of a "Magic Circle" which they call "The Field of Force" (this has to do with the pantheistic idea that God is a force of nature). Supposedly, the Witch is able to draw down the powers or forces of nature and contain them within this field of force or Magic Circle, with which to perform their magic spells.

After the Witch has done all of his fasting and meditating, for the purpose of purifying himself, he is then ready to call down the "Spirits" who will grant his wishes. Once within this Magic Circle, the Witch says the following words:

"GREAT MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE.... swiftly execute my wishes... I summon you by the great names full of power, OF THE ILLUMINATI OF THE FIRMAMENT... appear to me as I avoke the sacred influence of all the principalities and powers... Do you come in peace through THE POWER OF THE EXALTED ILLUMINATI? Will you serve me and reveal all things unto me of land and sea, of knowledge and wisdom, of good and bad, of natural law and of sorcery?" -Witchcraft and the Mysteries, pages 83-85.
    Okay, I would say that we are on to something, don't you agree? Remember all of the things we have talked about, in regards to the "Great Masters of the firmament?" Recall that I have told you in previous articles that in the New Age Movement, those who supposedly have died and gone up to live in the sky or the "firmament" are called "The Great Masters!" These are demonic entities! (note that the term "natural law" was mentioned also, which we will discuss in a later article).

Now, I want you to keep these things lodged in your mind, because when we look at some of the things that the Founder of the Jesuits, Ignatius Loyola practiced- it will make you see the Jesuit Order in a whole new light! You will see them for what they truly are, and that is- a Roman Catholic New Age Army of Witches, used to infiltrate Society!

It is obvious then that the "Illuminati" that these witches communicate with is none other than Satan himself and his demons! In France, under the name Illumines, a Witchcraft School appeared in Picary in 1623, but only continued a short time because of the repressive measures taken by the Papacy. However, another sect of Illumines appeared in the South of France in about 1722 AD, and continued until 1794. They traced their origin to the Gnostics (see Encyclopedia Britannica, Vol. 14, 1910, pg. 320). Another such school of Witchcraft was found in Spain around the year 1520 AD, and was called "Los Alumbrados". Ignatius Loyola, Founder of the Jesuits was connected with this group. He himself almost became a victim of the Spanish Inquisition when the Roman Catholic Church got wind of his connection with the Los Alumbrados (the Illuminati). But he was aquitted before the Inquisition Court with only an admonition.

It appears ln the surface that the Roman Catholic Church was against Ignatius belonging to this Witchcraft group, but obviously they did not punish him in any way for it. There are some who hold that the Illuminati group is a "front" for the Roman Catholic Church to unite the whole world under her banner again. After all, it was Ignatius Loyola himself who actually founded this Illuminati group! (also see Chick Publications, 1982, The Godfathers, pg. 1-11)

So it comes down to this- Ignatius Loyola was the Founder of the Jesuit Order, the "Spiritual Army" of the Roman Catholic Church, and he was also the Founder of the Witchcraft group, The Illuminati! It is very clear that the Jesuit Army was merely a Witchcraft group that was used to spread Roman Catholic doctrine throughout the whole world! That is what the Jesuits are for... they are used to undo all that Protestantism has done, and to gain back lands and people that the Church has lost to Protestantism.

9. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

those last two posts of mine should of been switched around, the first one last and the last first. its just some reseach I did a while back on the subject.

Claudia

10. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

"He shall honour the God of forces: a god whom his fathers knew not"... he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws Dan:7:25;11:38

(I did a whole lot more research on this connection between New Age Spiritualism and Pantheism but here is a little of it)

THE JESUITS AND PANTHEISM

In order to show that Ignatius Loyola, Founder of the Roman Catholic Jesuit's Order was indeed involved in Witchcraft as we discussed in the previous article, I will tell you some of his beliefs, one of which was PANTHEISM, which is a form of Witchcraft and Spiritualism.

Ignatius has a certain obsession about trying to find "God" in everything around him. In fact, Malachi Martin, former Jesuit said, when speaking about the Order of the Jesuits:

"Each companion in the Society (of Jesus) was burning and busy to find every trace of God and God's handiwork throughout the cosmos where he, God the Workman, the deus faber of the midevil mystics, was ever at work creating... Of course, I saw God at work in all things---vivifying, beautifying, freshening, and quickening human beings and all of nature into life-nourishing cycles. Throughout, I thus saw God in all things. But more than that, I strove with my spirit and with my whole being to arrive at the summit of love where I could see all things in God; see them rather as manifestations of His power and beauty, as rays of light descending from the sun, as streams of water leaping from the spring well. Nothing in creation could escape this viewpoint--- the fearful symmetry of the tiger, the ridiculous curl to a piglet's tail, perfumes, colors, tastes, the audible silence settled on mountaintops, the patterns traced by a dancer, the cries of children at play, the songs of birds, the toils of the least of insects. Seeing all things in God, with their being and their beauty, the scales would fall away from my fleshbound eyes. Quietly, unresistingly, coherantly all would be absorbed in Him, for me; and the dust and ashes of their mortality and of my own mortality would be consumed in the stainless luster of His eternal existence and beauty... Ignatius (loyola) presumed that every Jesuit would have this same perpetual preoccupation with finding God in all things." -Malachi Martin, The Jesuits, pg. 206.207
    We need to understand that the first principle of the Catholic Faith is that:

"...the natural world is a sign of God, not merely because God created it as good, but because God, somehow actutally is IN it... The Catholic Religious imagination says that God lurks in every place." -How to Save the Catholic Church, Andrew Greeley (a Roman Catholic Priest), pg. 40,43
    Just like the Baal Worshippers of old, who saw "God" in the trees, in the grass, in the sun and in the rocks... they too believed that God resided in all things. This was symbolized by their god, Baal, sometimes known as "Pan" (which is where the word pan-theism came from).

The true Catholic mind sees God is all of nature:

"...in the sticks and stones, the sky and the stars, the caves, the dances, in conception, birth, growth, and death... God is still there- not totally encompassed by these materialities but nonetheless totally present in and among them." -How to Save the Catholic Church, Andrew Greeley, pg. 48