1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Salvation by Faith

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, May 18, 2007.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Quote:
    HP: Help me out here JJ. Pick a Scripture, any Scripture. Show us how the CONTEXT, in and of itself, establishes ‘faith’ to be speaking of something other than as it applies to eternal salvation.

HP: What? Are you saying that the apostle James NEVER speaks about eternal salvation?

HP: The truth of the matter is if you are blindfolded by your presuppositions, you couldn’t even see the apple or the orange, let alone tell the difference between them or even see if one or the other is really even there.

Quote:
    HP: Your last sentence is a presupposition, and one you cannot prove by Scripture.

HP: Now we know that you have one third of the picture of salvation down pat. It also speaks of salvation in the present tense, as it is still be decided or worked out by ones present actions, and it is spoken of in the future tense as we are all to stand before God in the end and be judged according to our works, whether of obedience unto life, or sin unto death.

HP: You cannot even accept the common sense rendering of the English, let alone the GK. If your presuppositions blind you to the English, you might as well forget trying to use the GK to establish your point. You don’t need it. If it proved anything different you wouldn’t accept it either.

HP: You don’t believe that for a minute JJ. MNan has nothing to do with his salvation, remember? Can a dead man believe? Does the possibility exist that God could have chosen us to salvation, yet we would fool God by not believing? Your lip service to man needing to believe is simply what it is, lip service.

HP: If telling us that the Apostle James does not address eternal salvation is not toying with Scripture, pray tell me what is?

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

You know HP you never continue to amaze me. You post nothing but nonesense, which causes me to stop addressing you and then make a post here and there like you actually are interested in the Truth of Scripture and I get suckered back in, but this last post of yours just takes the cake.

You have been given Scriptural evidence which is what you ask for, but instead of coming back with any kind of viable Scriptural refute you revert back to your childish rants.

If you want to believe that eternal salvation is a life long process then knock yourself out. Scripture says its not, but there are a great many in Christendom that don't care what the Scriptures say. And this here should tell everyone exactly where you stand on the matter:
    For someone to say something as ignorant as that is just silly. Ephesians 2:8-9 is in the PAST tense. And then you want to say that I can't accept the common sense rendering of the English. You've have got to be kidding me. The common sense rendering of the English is PAST tense. You "HAVE BEEN SAVED." Do you really not see that. I mean my goodness.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on you. Fool me three times shame on me. I'm tired of playing your games HP. You believe what you want to believe. Scripture doesn't support your views, but you are entitled to your views.

Unfortunately you are going to keep spewing your nonsense just like many others and people will keep falling for it to their own demise. :tear: Just remember you are going to have to answer for it one day.

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Now speaking of some sound solid Bibilical evidence, just brimming with reason and logic……….:laugh:

4. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I just looked back over 9 pages of responses, and know what I found?

I found that BobRyan, Hope of Glory, J. Jump, and a few others posted many passages supporting their views.

I found that HP quoted exactly two verses, one of which was quite correct that without preaching people won't hear about things (which has little, if anything to do with this discussion) and Philippians 4:21 in which all the saints were greeted, which has no bearing on evidence that all saved people are saints.

So, who has sound biblical evidence and who doesn't here?

If if I disagree with BobRyan's final conclusion, he at least gives evidence for his position. With that, there is a basis for fellowship and discussion.

Beats "No it isn't!" any day.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Thanks!
    Grace is God's part - in condescending Love; Faith, the first gift of His Love, is Love's reward - our faith through which we appropriate God's Grace and returns His Love, and are saved.

We shall never stop singing God's praises!

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I tried to edit - unsuccessfully: ...the first gift of His Love, His love's reward. -- the H in His Love's reward.

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And still it's not quite right! Because Grace is God's part in condescending Love whereby and at which stage we are already saved --- unto faith!

8. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: If faith is the first gift of His love, can man resist having faith towards God, and if so where does man get the power to resist God?

How can 'man' appropriate something he has no part in, for as you say, faith is a gift of God’s love.