1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Salvation by Grace through Faith is a unpopular Truth !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Jun 30, 2015.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Salvation by Grace through Faith is a unpopular Truth ! Now I know that this statement sounds strange, but yet its true. Most of professing christendom would say that they believe in Salvation by Grace through Faith, but its not true, simply because to believe it, one must embrace the discriminating nature of Grace, Its called the Election of Grace Rom 11:5

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

And it leaves out most of mankind to be recipients of it, save for a small remnant of mankind, again called the Election of Grace !

Folks, Salvation by Grace, Election of Grace, automatically means that God never purposed, willed, desired to save all men without exception. Its the fact that God only had in His Heart and Purpose a desire and will to save some of mankind ! Thats the characteristic of Grace, its discriminating, its not given or offered to any but a small remnant of mankind, and so, this is what makes it so unpopular to the natural man. We think that God is unfair, unjust if He didnt give everyone without exception an opportunity to be saved by Grace, and thats exactly what Grace does, it doesnt give everyone an opportunity to be saved, the rest of mankind omitted from the election of grace, will be blinded Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded or hardened.

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Salvation by Grace through Faith is a unpopular Truth !2

Preaching Salvation by the Grace of God is to preach the unpopular notion of Truth, That Salvation by Grace is Gods Eternal Decree to save some in Christ Jesus, those which He had Chosen in Him from before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4,6

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

The Us here is the Election of Grace made accepted in Him Vs 6

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

And the rest outside of this Choice were to be blinded and damned for their sins !

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Salvation by Grace through Faith is a unpopular Truth ! 3

The Message of Salvation by Grace, which denotes a discriminating purpose of God to save only some, an Election of Grace, was demonstrated in the Life and Preaching of Jesus Christ Himself. Jesus in His first public sermon recorded showed the Principle of discriminating Grace here in these Two sacred narratives Lk 4:25-29

25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;

26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.

27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.

28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,

29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.

Now the obvious point here Jesus is making, yes all men are in need of healing, salvation, mercy, but God has sent His Son to only Save some, to only heal some, to only aid some.

Jesus stated once again Matt 15:22-24

22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

That was a discriminating reply, He was sent only to have mercy upon one group of People, His Elect, the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel !

If this woman was not one of those Sheep, He had no mercy for her !

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

The PB Church I grew up in that is all I heard and I believe to this day, for 57 years I was priviledged to hear these truths proclaimed, it is God in control of his children's Salvation alone... As the scriptures state... He tread the winepress alone!... Brother Glen

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The elect prove them to be such by beleiving in Jesus in order to get saved, correct?

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

What do I have posted ? Did you read it ?

7. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you choose to call upon Romans 11, you will have to explain the entire message in context. You cannot just pick out a verse here and there as a proof text.

Why did God blind and harden many hearts?

8. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SBM... Does election come before grace?... Or is election grace?... Brother Glen

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Did you understand my OP ? Are you evading it?

10. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    there is a remnant according to the election of grace... Surely this remnant is in time and can be nothing else... Otherwise you have a remnant in heaven and hell is overflowing... That my brother is not scripture!... The remnant are included in that unnummerable host gather around the throne praising God out of every kindred, tongue, people and nation as Revelation states... And that is scripture!... Brother Glen